Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom CLI!

@bichonmom wrote:

Congrats! I see from your siggy you are lucky enough to be with PSECU. That will grow with you big time, too! (Unfortunately, I missed their out of state cut off by a few hours!)

Thanks!  I actually got into PSECU through a convoluted process.  My wife and I both live in PA and she is a graduate student at Clarion University, a PA state run university.  Because of this, she was eligible to join.  She didn't have the credit to get anything with them though, so she just opened a savings account with the minimum $5 in it.

However, her having a savings account allowed me to become a member and get my own account.  They gave me a small starting limit on my combo, but I am confident they will give me a CLI when I eventually ask.  Even better, they also approved me for an autoloan at 2.49% which was great since I refinanced the new car we bought a couple months prior with about an 18% interest rate!  I am definitely fortunate to have been able to get PSECU and love getting my monthly EX score.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Lucky duck! I had to practically twist their arm just to give me a $500 CLI. 

Then I asked for more and they said they wanted to see if I used the now $1000 CL before they upped it anymore...well the whole damn reason I wanted a bigger CL is so I can use the card more. I can't get much more use out of it with a measly $500 more. I ran so much money through that card with a little tiny limit and paid it off and they still screwed me. /rant

I'm happy for you though. At least someone got some love Smiley Happy

My best suggestion is to just keep using it.  I use my Freedom card for almost every purchase I make.  I would run through my limit and pay in full at least twice a month and the credit analyst did mention that.  Hopefully doubling from $500 to $1000 will help you put more on it regularly, but if you keep at it, I think you will get higher limits with Chase eventually.  They seem much less stingent than the likes of Capital One at least.

Message 12 of 18
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

How long did you have the Chase Freedom before requesting this increase?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

March 2012.
Message 14 of 18
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Nice! Thanks! Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 15 of 18
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Chase auto cli my card from 500-1000 after 5 months of use. i used it to max almost everymonth and pif and used it again. 

only once did they actually report a balance. 

i plan on asking for a cli sometime after the card is over a year. 

since asking is a hard pull.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also got an auto CLI around the 5 month mark from $1000 to $1500. Perhaps that is something they do often?
Message 17 of 18
KS13
Established Member

Congrats!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.