Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI

tag
PSouz
Contributor

Chase Freedom CLI

I got my Chase Freedom in November, and at that time, all I had was a amex zync which doesn't report a limit, and when I applied for it they said not having any credit cards with limits that were reported was one of the main reasons I only got a 500 dollar CL

Now, I have gotten rid of my zync and have a bce with a 14k limit, and 3 other cards with 3k limits,

Now that I have all of those with decent CLs I'm itching to call Chase and try to get a CLI

Should I call them now or wait until after six month?

I was planning on staying in the garden for a while but I just don't like having a card with such a low limit, but it really won't bother me too much now that I have 2 other visa's with 3k CL

So what's.everyone's advise, should I ask for a CLI now, or six months from when I got the card, or just stop complaining and live with the 500 CL until they hopefully give me an auto increase

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
PSouz
Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI

I think the lack of responses means I should just keep my hands in the garden haha

Message 2 of 7
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

I's still fairly new here, so you may want to defer to a seasoned veteran, but I say wait.  Once your new cards and limits have reported and seasoned you may get an auto increase or after 6 months (minimum) you can call them.  You might consider apping for the CSP, if that suits your needs. 

Good luck whatever you decide.

Message 3 of 7
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i agree that you should garden. im waiting until jan, too app for another amex, get a cli on my freedom (at that point my citizens 5k would have reported for a year) and possibly a discover/ or boa card. 

gardening can only help in the long run. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@PSouz wrote:

I got my Chase Freedom in November, and at that time, all I had was a amex zync which doesn't report a limit, and when I applied for it they said not having any credit cards with limits that were reported was one of the main reasons I only got a 500 dollar CL

Now, I have gotten rid of my zync and have a bce with a 14k limit, and 3 other cards with 3k limits,

Now that I have all of those with decent CLs I'm itching to call Chase and try to get a CLI

Should I call them now or wait until after six month?

I was planning on staying in the garden for a while but I just don't like having a card with such a low limit, but it really won't bother me too much now that I have 2 other visa's with 3k CL

So what's.everyone's advise, should I ask for a CLI now, or six months from when I got the card, or just stop complaining and live with the 500 CL until they hopefully give me an auto increase

I would wait at least until the card is 6 months old, its possible you could get a nice auto CLI. I think it would be best if you wait for the yearmark then take a HP CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
PSouz
Contributor

Thanks guys, I will probably wait until July, I will be in boot camp from may to july, and leave about a week before my 6 months,  so I will have 2 months of gardening no matter what haha

and by then like you said, my new cards will be reporting and my amex cl will be reporting 14000 instead of the 7600 i had last week before my 61 day cli

Message 6 of 7
PSouz
Contributor

LS, considering july will only be 4 months away from my year mark, you probably have a good idea, I will try to wait until the year mark, thanks

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.