cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom, Discover IT, surprise limits

tag
phoenician

Chase Freedom, Discover IT, surprise limits

I applied for the Chase Freedom card in January of this year. My score watch on here through Equifax was 707. I'm not sure which one Chase uses to check. Approved, but my limit was $800. Surprisingly low considering what I've seen others getting on here with similar scores and histories.

Last week I applied for the Discover It card. I've been getting their spam via snail mail 3 or 4 times per week for months now. It seemed equivalent to the Freedom card, so I figured I'd apply.

I was approved and, to my surprise, the limit came back to be $6000. To make it even more surprising, the report that came with it says they used Experian and the score was 676 (BS).

While I'm happy I have both cards, and I'm stoked about the limit, I can't say I understand why the one limit is nearly 10x the other limit under the same financial circumstances and history and with that kind of score disparity. I wish the Freedom card had a similar limit. Honestly, it's what I was expecting when I applied earlier this year. Oh well, at least I have the card.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom, Discover IT, surprise limits

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 6
Down_2Bizness
Regular Contributor

WTG, that's a nice limit. Congrats.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 566 09/30/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 688 3/10/14 TU FICO 680 3/10/14 (Barclaycard) EX FICO 691 1/12/14 (LP)
Goal Score: 700
My Wallet: Capital One $1500 / Wells Fargo $1600 / J Crew $2050 / Victoria's Secret $2300 / Barclay Apple Financing Visa $2500 / Discover It $1700 / Home Depot $1100 / Delta Skymiles AmEx $1000

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.