Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom RECON - Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom RECON - Approved!

I was surfing around here and saw how many people seemed to have the best luck starting out with the Chase Freedom card, growing with them for a year or two and stepping up to the big boys. I applied online and got a pending message. I called the backdoor number and was advised it was because of too many inquiries and some lates on my account. Some of these are legit, some aren't and I explained that to the gentleman. Sallie Mae screwed me over with a 90 and 120 day late mark early this year! It was in forbearance.

At any rate, after what seemed like 10 minutes on hold he came back and advised he is going to approve it for $500.00 and send the card and welcome kit out! It's only 10% of my highest card limit, but I have a feeling if I treat them right, they will treat me right Smiley Happy

Thanks for all the advice FICO Family!

Not sure which CRA they pulled, last time they pulled TU which was sitting around 635 two weeks ago and Experian's website shows 670 (FAKO). I do have a collection on each that it unpaid! However, I am battling them and it will fall off in 5 months anyhow. Pretty sure they pulled TU in case anyone is wondering.

Brandon

Brandon

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom RECON - Approved!

Congrats on the Recon

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approval... Navy doesn't really count as normal bank CL's Smiley Tongue (I have Navy that's why I say this)

Message 3 of 13
dap1984va
New Contributor

FIrst, Congratulations welcome to Chase!!! Glad you could welcome another credit card. Second, I KNOW  that the equation has a few variables, but..I have had my Chase Freedom for 23 months. Today I received a $300 increase.... to a combined $1000. My lowest card by farrrr. Especially after 2 years. And I have a way above average credit profile... and I swipe, and pay in full.  I hope that chase will take care of you,  But they are not on MY "treat" me right  top 10 list personally  Wish you the best and high credit limits!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats on Recon and welcome to Chase Family.Smiley Very Happy

Give it 6 months min before even trying for Credit increase. I wouldn't waist A hp..

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 5 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on a successful recon Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the welcome! I was wondering about the low CL...I also just applied for CareCredit and only asked for $5,000.00 and was instanly approved. Go figure.

I will nurture the Chase card, though!!

Message 7 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all for the welcome! I was wondering about the low CL...I also just applied for CareCredit and only asked for $5,000.00 and was instanly approved. Go figure.

I will nurture the Chase card, though!!

Congrats again 

Time to head for the garden and get to plantingSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 13
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Congrats, thanks for sharing.

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to give an update. Looks like they pulled Experian, which is showing a 670 on Experian.com. Oddly enough, that one has a few collections and the lates. Those should be gone soon, though.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.