Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Recon Success

tag
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Chase Freedom Recon Success

So Wednesday before last, some of you may recall, I was approved for the B of A Cash Rewards card.  Well, later that night I was still riding on cloud 9 feeling really good about the approval and decided to go for the Chase Freedom.  I received the 7-10 day message.  I constantly checked the status line over the next few days but it always said in process, so last Monday, I decided to call the Application Status line to inquire.  The nice lady reviewed my application and CR and asked me about my annual salary and employment.  She asked about some balances I have on three cards (NFCU, Home Depot, & Care Credit) and I explained to her that they were all 0% financing that I was taking advantage of.  She placed me on hold for a minute or two and then came back and said that she was unable to approve me because of the balances and that I should apply again once I pay them down.  But as a card carrying member of the myfico family, I didn't give up.

I received the denial letter sometime over the weekend.  I opened it yesterday, and noticed that the reason they listed for denial was not because of current balances but because of a collection. No other reason.

I have one baddie on my report which is a three year old medical collection for $105.  It's resolved but I can't seem to get them to take it off.

Anyway, I called the Credit Analyst Recon number in the sticky and informed the analyst that I received the letter and wanted to explain the collection and see if they would reconsider.

I explained the collection and then she asked about those balances that are on 0%.  She also asked about my length of employment, salary, and monthly mortgage payment. She put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said she was able to approve me for the Chase Freedom with a limit of $2,000.  WOO HOO!

I'm finally in with Chase and now my garden stay is even more sweeter with a backdated AMEX and CSP application to look forward to in January.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom Recon Success

Message 2 of 9
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

Good job and way to use that knowledge!

Welcome to the Chase family!

Message 3 of 9
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Thanks Lexie and manwoot!

Message 4 of 9
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Damn Chase seems so hard, I only have 1 charge off and 1 judgement. I'm trying to get them removed before I apply!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 5 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts you know I have to breakout the dance for you

Good Recon WTG

It's time for you to head home nowSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Great job! Once you are in with them it shouldnt be too l...

Great job! Once you are in with them it shouldnt be too long before you will be approved for an even better card. Just keep that utilization low and you will be good. 

Message 8 of 9
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone!

@myjourney...you will be happy to know that I am home in the garden resting comfortably as I wait for my new seedlings to grow.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.