cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited 6/24 after recon!

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited 6/24 after recon!

Congrats on the new card!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! glad you got that sorted out

Message 12 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

Congrats on the success. I guess this new Freedom unlimited is a direct challenge to the Quicksilver. Wow. This is my first time hearing of it since ive been gone so long. I wonder if you can have regular freedom and that freedom? not that i want it but im sure someone will ask.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can have both the freedom and the freedom unlimited taxi818. I have had the freedom for years, and I was recently able to PC a different card (an old Flexible Rewards card) to a freedom unlimited with no problem.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You can have both the freedom and the freedom unlimited taxi818. I have had the freedom for years, and I was recently able to PC a different card (an old Flexible Rewards card) to a freedom unlimited with no problem.

Yep, they are 2 different products. Lots of people PC'd Slate or Freedom to Freedom Unlimited - or just added FU to their wallet next to the normal Freedom.

Message 15 of 18
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

When the card came was it a Siggy Card?

I went to Chase to open a checking account about a month ago because they offered me $300 to do so.  When I was there doing that the lady said I was prequalified for the FU card, with a $150 cash back after spending $500, so I took it.  (I can't refuse free money!)  The limit they gave me was $8000, but they did not give me Siggy status, which I thought was odd.  Last year they gave me a United card with $19000 and that one was Siggy.  I transferred part of the limit to my Freedom card and they didn't update my card to Siggy for that one either.  Maybe if I ask for it to be a MasterCard they will give me a World card?

In a way it doesn't matter, as I really wouldn't benefit if they did, don't really use any of those benefits anyway, but it would make me feel better.....

Yes, you can have both.  The first Chase card I had was the Freedom, after about three years I decided to get the United card.  I was surprised at the limit they gave me, since they have never given an auto CLI on the Freedom card, I had to take a HP for the one increase I did get.  I think they limit was $1500 after that, so I was floored when they gave me $19K for the United card.  The $8000 for the FU card was to be expected since I just got the United card about 7 or 8 months ago. 

I too want to replace the QS card with the FU card.  I still have double cash with the Discover card for the time being.  So unless I get a Double Cash card from Citi the FU will be the everyday card.  I think they know that too, or maybe they were just pushing FU, being new. 

Yeah, I have an FU everyday card.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FU is not a Signature for now - still waiting to hear if they are going to give me the requested 1k CLI now so I can upgrade it to Visa Signature but either way I will eventually get one.

Don't 'need' it right now, but it's more of a psychological thing, proof that I've been handling and improving my credit properly really.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.