cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom and Sallie Mae APPROVED!

tag
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom and Sallie Mae APPROVED!

I'd recon and ask for $12K

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! I am thinking about the Sallie Mae as my next app

Message 12 of 19
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 13 of 19
capntang

Thanks all (and to the mod who deleted my duplicate post - my incompetence in play on that one)! I'm stoked that I'm credit-worthy once again, but my scores are still nowhere where I'd like them to be.

Yeah, Chase recon has resulted in nothing. I've called a handful of times. No dice on either CLI or a bump to Visa Signature. I think I'm going to leave it be and use it as-is for a while.

Barclay immediately offered a CLI to $6k for the Sallie Mae after just a few questions. I said great and took it, but now I'm wondering if they would have gone higher if I had requested them to. As it stands, it's a lower limit than my highest by $1.8k. Any advice on a second recon call after a successful first? How would they view that?

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new to this site/forum.  Could someone please explain how and why yall are applying for so many cards and actually being approved?

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Sallie Mae is my first app in December.

Message 16 of 19
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Congratulations
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 17 of 19
capntang

@Anonymous wrote:

I am new to this site/forum.  Could someone please explain how and why yall are applying for so many cards and actually being approved?

Why - different rewards categories for each card, higher total credit limits, lower total utilization. Lots of reasons, but those sum up mine pretty well. I more than doubled by total available credit with those two approvals, reducing my utilizations to less than half what it was and increasing the total number of revolving accounts on my report. With on-time payments, those two additional accounts will help demonstrate my creditworthiness to future lenders. There are some lenders that will not extend credit without an appropriate amount of prior credit experience, leading to the catch-22 of having no existing credit (bad or otherwise) but not being able to gain approval for new credit.

How - I just filled out two applications online.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

YAY! Congrats on your approvals!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.