Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom approved but....

tag
rogersave
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom approved but....

Ok the good news, applied for a freedom card called backdoor number and after explaining my past situation and answering a few other questions I was approved! Now the weird part, I got approved with a 200 dollar limit(never heard them giving limits so low) My reports are clean just waiting for COs to age. Recently approved for a  Discover IT card with a 1700 dollar limit that hasnt hit reports yet(told him I was approved like 2 weeks ago) Im extremely happy to get my foot in the door with Chase but the limit is tough. Shoild I call and recon on credit limit tmw? BTW my income is 120,000

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom approved but....

waiting for your co to age? obviously why they are stingy. 

if you had to recon too get 200 id say do it now. any time you ask chase for a cli it will be a hard pull anyways. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 14
flashevo
Regular Contributor

What does your Fico score look like and what report did they pull?
NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 3 of 14
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@rogersave wrote:

Ok the good news, applied for a freedom card called backdoor number and after explaining my past situation and answering a few other questions I was approved! Now the weird part, I got approved with a 200 dollar limit(never heard them giving limits so low) My reports are clean just waiting for COs to age. Recently approved for a  Discover IT card with a 1700 dollar limit that hasnt hit reports yet(told him I was approved like 2 weeks ago) Im extremely happy to get my foot in the door with Chase but the limit is tough. Shoild I call and recon on credit limit tmw? BTW my income is 120,000

I'm with "creditnocash" on this one. I would let the CO and this account age. After 6 months to a year request an increase. This way Chase will see the Discover account report and show that you can manage both Chase and Discover responsibly. Right now I wouldn't risk getting a Chase rep who may want to close the account if they don't believe you should have gotten the card to begin with. (A while back a poster from another bank requested a CLI or something and they came back with an account closure) So thread carefully and treat the card well. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 14
rogersave
Regular Contributor

I believe they pulled experian(I'm in ny) scores are in my signature. My charge offs are all paid off as of 2 years ago. I have been making a lot of progress and I am very happy to get foot in door with Chase just disappointed with the credit limit, thought it would be at least 500 or 1000. I presume this card will grow with me? Not sure if I should recon with them for a lil higher cl or just be happy I got approved as long as card grows with me. Thanks for the advice. I have come so far with the help of this board

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 5 of 14
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@rogersave wrote:

I believe they pulled experian(I'm in ny) scores are in my signature. My charge offs are all paid off as of 2 years ago. I have been making a lot of progress and I am very happy to get foot in door with Chase just disappointed with the credit limit, thought it would be at least 500 or 1000. I presume this card will grow with me? Not sure if I should recon with them for a lil higher cl or just be happy I got approved as long as card grows with me. Thanks for the advice. I have come so far with the help of this board

Chase does grow with you but usually with a hard pull when you want a CLI. With that being said, I've seen quite a few recent Chase auto-increases so they may be returning to a more generous system. 

Message 6 of 14
jake619
Frequent Contributor

That sucks. Maybe put Netflix and some low end recurring stuff on it. As a wallet card you're pretty hamstrung with 200. IMO I would still keep it to gain the TL.
Message 7 of 14
Anarchy
New Contributor

What kind of "Freedom" is a $200 CL? Lol  Well, at least your foot is in the door.

Treat them good and you will be well rewarded.

Message 8 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@rogersave wrote:

Are you the same person as "@Anonymous"

You both have IT's with 1700 limits.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 9 of 14
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Splurge wrote:

What kind of "Freedom" is a $200 CL? Lol  Well, at least your foot is in the door.

Treat them good and you will be well rewarded.

Woman LOL

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.