cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Signature and Freedom both approved same day.

tag
riohyannisny

Chase Marriott Signature and Freedom both approved same day.

Hi all!

First I want to thank everyone for helping me restore my credit to its former splendor via this forum.

Today I have finally got my last hurtle accomplished. I was finally approved by Chase for a Freedom Card with a measly $3500 dollar CL and then a Marriott Rewards card with a whopping $13,000 CL. This is my highest of all of them.

As I have mentioned in Previous forums that I was bankrupt in 1999 and included AMEX, Discover, Chase and others. I then rebuilt and bought a house in 2003. The housing crash occurred and my partner left me (with all debts and mortgage) and my home eventually fell to forclosure. This was all completely out of my control sinse the home was upside down and could not be sold for what was owed. I worked so hard to repair my credit and after years of hard work....... it payed off.

First the myth of the infamous black list is an actual myth.

After using an Orchard Bank CC for several years, the first Prime lender to take me back was Discover with an ICL of $1000.

The next was a charge card from AMEX called the Zinc card ( I have since upgraded it to the Gold Premier Rewards ). Remember though....... In 1999 I included these very same banks in my BK.

I have since gotten every company that was included in the BK to extend me credit again.

My last concur was Chase..... they finally gave in and let me back.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Marriott Signature and Freedom both approved same day.

@riohyannisny wrote:

Hi all!

First I want to thank everyone for helping me restore my credit to its former splendor via this forum.

Today I have finally got my last hurtle accomplished. I was finally approved by Chase for a Freedom Card with a measly $3500 dollar CL and then a Marriott Rewards card with a whopping $13,000 CL. This is my highest of all of them.

As I have mentioned in Previous forums that I was bankrupt in 1999 and included AMEX, Discover, Chase and others. I then rebuilt and bought a house in 2003. The housing crash occurred and my partner left me (with all debts and mortgage) and my home eventually fell to forclosure. This was all completely out of my control sinse the home was upside down and could not be sold for what was owed. I worked so hard to repair my credit and after years of hard work....... it payed off.

After using an Orchard Bank CC for several years, the first Prime lender to take me back was Discover with an ICL of $1000.

The next was a charge card from AMEX called the Zinc card ( I have since upgraded it to the Gold Premier Rewards ). Remember though....... In 1999 I included these very same banks in my BK.

I have since gotten every company that was included in the BK to extend me credit again.

Smiley Very Happy

The Blacklist isn't more of a Myth but due to the fact Banks are just greedy and eventually as the term is Time heals all wounds Smiley Happy

Amex and chase tend to Shy away from people that burned them for a longer amount of time but in your case they didn't which is amazing Smiley Happy

Congrats on your cards though Smiley Happy

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 11
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 3 of 11
One7
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your new cards

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Congrats ... on getting back in with all the majors
Message 5 of 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@riohyannisny wrote:

Hi all!

Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations on your approvals! Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!!

Message 7 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 11
MT936
Established Contributor

Congrats! Call in after 2 days to have the Marriott expedited
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 9 of 11
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.