Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon 15 Months Post-BK

tag
HoneyRock
New Contributor

Re: Chase Recon 15 Months Post-BK

Big Congrats on your recon.  This is my first time posting so I hope my siggy came out correct.  But I have been trying to get back in with Chase as well and still a no go.  The last time I applied with them I was told the only reason for my denial was bankruptcy additionally, the representative pointed out how much they were burnt for in my bankruptcy (duh... I kinda know this information) but it definitly left me feeling hopeless regarding getting back in with them.  

Siggy:

Filed Chp 7: 10/15 Discharged 1/16<br>Starting Score: IDK<br>Credit Karma Fako: 714 TU 709 EQ<br>FICO SCORE8: 633 EX 620 EQ 630 TU<br>Cards In My Wallet:<br>CapOneQuickSilver $9k//CapOneSparkBuss $2k//CreditOne $1.7k//Merrick $1.4k//BarclayCard $1k//Discover $750//BankofAmericaPartialSecured $500//NFCU $500//KayJewelersStore $7.4k//WayfairStore $2.5k//BueNileStore $2.5k//TiresPlusStore $2.2k//OverstockStore $1k//DicksSportingGoodsStore $800//AmazonStore $800//NeimanMarcusStore $700//WalmartStore $600//ToysRUsStore $300//Lowe’sStore $300//MarathonStore $250//GapStore $200

Discharged Chp7: 1/15
CreditKarmaFako 1/18: TU745 EQ744
FICOSCORE8 8/17: EX640 EQ621 TU642
CardsInWallet: 10 Credit Cards | 14 Store Cards | 100k Club as of 1/22/2018
Opened then Closed ~20 Store cards Jan 2016 totaling ~4k (I know SMH) | Boatload of INQ's | Last HP 03/22/18
**** Focused On The Garden for 24 months (Working towards a mortgage & continuous Free Flowing SP CLI's)****
Message 31 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Bella, im sure youve helped more than one person in your amazing comeback from bk and ill always be a fanSmiley Happy. I wish i could turn back the hands of time and never had to file bk7 but it happened and we learn , i know i sure have. Continue holding the faith and in no time, youll have all you desireSmiley Happy.

Im glad that you can turn this Visa to your advantage. Great idea on using it at Costco.Seems you have a nice plan coming together for some of your cc's. Im probably set for good, youll understand in my upcoming posts, but if i could get a card with my fav NBA team it would be on like donkey kongSmiley Wink.

Oh, and believe me when i tell you, i prefer walking around in my sandals all year long, why bother putting on socks when you can feel comfortable without em Smiley Wink

Thanks, AJC. You are the most encouraging person! I'm looking forward to reading your upcoming posts. I agree about the sandals! Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! that is really unbelievable.

I IIB's Chase in BK7 about 12 years ago, I don't think they have forgiven me yet 

Glad it worked out for you!

Thanks, Ahmed! It is unbelievable, and I still don't understand why it happened. They will forgive you. I am proof of that. Maybe it's time for you to try again. Smiley Happy The key might be a recon. 

Message 33 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HoneyRock wrote:

Big Congrats on your recon.  This is my first time posting so I hope my siggy came out correct.  But I have been trying to get back in with Chase as well and still a no go.  The last time I applied with them I was told the only reason for my denial was bankruptcy additionally, the representative pointed out how much they were burnt for in my bankruptcy (duh... I kinda know this information) but it definitly left me feeling hopeless regarding getting back in with them.  

Siggy:

Filed Chp 7: 10/15 Discharged 1/16<br>Starting Score: IDK<br>Credit Karma Fako: 714 TU 709 EQ<br>FICO SCORE8: 633 EX 620 EQ 630 TU<br>Cards In My Wallet:<br>CapOneQuickSilver $9k//CapOneSparkBuss $2k//CreditOne $1.7k//Merrick $1.4k//BarclayCard $1k//Discover $750//BankofAmericaPartialSecured $500//NFCU $500//KayJewelersStore $7.4k//WayfairStore $2.5k//BueNileStore $2.5k//TiresPlusStore $2.2k//OverstockStore $1k//DicksSportingGoodsStore $800//AmazonStore $800//NeimanMarcusStore $700//WalmartStore $600//ToysRUsStore $300//Lowe’sStore $300//MarathonStore $250//GapStore $200

Hi, HoneyRock! I can't say welcome to the forum, but I can say welcome to posting! Smiley Happy It's definitely not hopeless. I'm pretty sure it will happen for you. Did they let you explain what happened to cause the BK? I think that's what did it for me, or maybe I just talked to the right person. I don't know, but I know time heals all wounds.

I hope you post more now that we've broken the ice. Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 88
HoneyRock
New Contributor

I did, I explained everything to them (at least I did to the first rep the first time around) but as time passed with each application attempt, I poured less and less of my heart out into explaining the whats and whys...  I received the Amazon store card but was wondering if they would every upgrade me to the Chase Amazon version.  I guess only time will tell.  And how in the world can folks stay in the garden for so long... ugh, in the beginning of my bk it was much easier becasue I knew no one would approve me so I had very little inquiries but once I began getting approvals... it all went out of the window!  I have so many inquiries it embarassing which is why I think my FICO scores are so tanked.  Over 50 on each bureau and almost 100 on one of them.  I got a new car and then refinanced one thats in my husbands name so they are the bulk of the inquiries but goosh, I haven't applied for anything since december 2016 and i'm itching to apply for something in hopes of approval (citi, chase, BOA or PenFed)  since I have the partial secured BOA I would make that my last option.  What tricks to you have if any to stay in the garden?

Discharged Chp7: 1/15
CreditKarmaFako 1/18: TU745 EQ744
FICOSCORE8 8/17: EX640 EQ621 TU642
CardsInWallet: 10 Credit Cards | 14 Store Cards | 100k Club as of 1/22/2018
Opened then Closed ~20 Store cards Jan 2016 totaling ~4k (I know SMH) | Boatload of INQ's | Last HP 03/22/18
**** Focused On The Garden for 24 months (Working towards a mortgage & continuous Free Flowing SP CLI's)****
Message 35 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HoneyRock wrote:

I did, I explained everything to them (at least I did to the first rep the first time around) but as time passed with each application attempt, I poured less and less of my heart out into explaining the whats and whys...  I received the Amazon store card but was wondering if they would every upgrade me to the Chase Amazon version.  I guess only time will tell.  And how in the world can folks stay in the garden for so long... ugh, in the beginning of my bk it was much easier becasue I knew no one would approve me so I had very little inquiries but once I began getting approvals... it all went out of the window!  I have so many inquiries it embarassing which is why I think my FICO scores are so tanked.  Over 50 on each bureau and almost 100 on one of them.  I got a new car and then refinanced one thats in my husbands name so they are the bulk of the inquiries but goosh, I haven't applied for anything since december 2016 and i'm itching to apply for something in hopes of approval (citi, chase, BOA or PenFed)  since I have the partial secured BOA I would make that my last option.  What tricks to you have if any to stay in the garden?

That's frustrating to have to keep retelling your story. I would probably end up sharing less and less too.

I don't think the Amazon Store card would upgrade to the Visa because the store card is Synchrony (I think) and the Visa is Chase.

Regarding gardening, the longest I've made it is four months, so I am definitely not one to give too much advice on that. But one thing that helps me is having a plan on what cards I want. I was really planning on apping for Venture or my CU's Visa next, but not until way later. The Amazon Visa wasn't really in my plans, like I said I was enticed by the "$50 off this purchase" offer. 

You have a good list of cards you'd like, Citi, Chase, BoA, PenFed. Those are worthy goals for sure! So, the motivator to garden is that you need to be in a certain score range to get those, at least the first three as I don't know much about PenFed. By having a bigger plan, you might find gardening easier. You don't want to be stuck with low limit store card approvals, you want bigger and better things! But, believe me, I know how difficult it is to stay in the garden, and many others do too. That's why we support and encourage each other. Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HoneyRock wrote:

Double posted, sorry, so I deleted this one. It gave me an error message and I didn't think it posted the first one.

Message 37 of 88
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

HoneyRock, Bellas advice is great advice. Gardening is not easy, if it was i think we have more vegans Smiley Wink oh, ok sorry my humor can be off sometimes lol but the real trick like Belka mentioned is to make a list of what cards you really want, not what you can get. Find out what you need to achieve these cards, what kind of score do they like etc. Because coming from a person who just achieved a card ive been wanting back for the better part of ten years, once you get that card, no amount of apping and getting approved for so and so card can match that feeling. Just put one foot in front of the other day to day and in time, youll get there. Join us in the garden club where youll get lots of support, heck im gonna make a permanent residency there now that ive got all i could really want or use Smiley Happy
Message 38 of 88
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dang, sorry Bella, Sunday night has me seeing Belka somewhere lolSmiley Wink

Darned smart phones, what ever happened to push buttons?Smiley Wink
Message 39 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries, AJC.Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.