Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred APPROVED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred APPROVED!

This is really pushing me to apply for the Sapphire as well...

Message 11 of 32
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the card and on improving your credit so much in the last year. Enjoy your new card. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 12 of 32
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Congratulations! Which bureau did they pull?
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 13 of 32
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Congrats!

In my view, the CSP is one of the top 3 overall credit cards available.  After a few weeks and learning more of the card, I've decided the card is a keeper.  The annual fee is well worth it, in my view.

What are the other 2?
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 14 of 32
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Congrats!

In my view, the CSP is one of the top 3 overall credit cards available.  After a few weeks and learning more of the card, I've decided the card is a keeper.  The annual fee is well worth it, in my view.

What are the other 2?

Assuming primary spending on a single card, I'd say the PR Gold and SPG.

1.  PR Gold has the 3X airfare.  The MR program is still in my estimation a better program for flying since Amex always has periodic bonuses on transfers.

2.  SPG has probably the best reward ratio per dollar spent if redeemed for "cash + points" at SPG properties.  

Maybe I'd throw the Venture Rewards in there, but I find the UR program, MR, and SPG to be of better value than simply redeeming for a statement credit.

Edit - PS - Given the increased competition from the CSP (I'd imagine Chase is gaining market share from lots of Amex PR Gold users), I speculate Amex will have to offer no forex fee on their PR Gold if they're going to continue charging $175.  At $95, the CSP is just a much better value, especially if they keep adding airlines.  

Message 15 of 32
tray
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new card, you will enjoy it to no end.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 16 of 32
tray
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is really pushing me to apply for the Sapphire as well...

If you really want this card I would say go all the way and app for it take the chance !!!!

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 17 of 32
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Great story, congrats!  I'm waiting through the 30-day message as I type this.

How long did you wait to call them after your app?  When I call, they say they're still reviewing (different Chase card though).

Congrats again!  This is my next card.  Smiley Very Happy

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 32
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Congrats!

What are the other 2?

Assuming primary spending on a single card, I'd say the PR Gold and SPG.

1.  PR Gold has the 3X airfare.  The MR program is still in my estimation a better program for flying since Amex always has periodic bonuses on transfers.

2.  SPG has probably the best reward ratio per dollar spent if redeemed for "cash + points" at SPG properties.  

Maybe I'd throw the Venture Rewards in there, but I find the UR program, MR, and SPG to be of better value than simply redeeming for a statement credit.

Edit - PS - Given the increased competition from the CSP (I'd imagine Chase is gaining market share from lots of Amex PR Gold users), I speculate Amex will have to offer no forex fee on their PR Gold if they're going to continue charging $175.  At $95, the CSP is just a much better value, especially if they keep adding airlines.  

If they do I'll definitely apply for one. That forex fee right now is an absolute deal-breaker. Right now Amex is really falling down in that area. If they removed forex fees from the PRG and SPG, things would be evened up quite a bit.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 19 of 32
Open123
Super Contributor

CreditScholar wrote:If they do I'll definitely apply for one. That forex fee right now is an absolute deal-breaker. Right now Amex is really falling down in that area. If they removed forex fees from the PRG and SPG, things would be evened up quite a bit.

Right, the forex is a deal breaker for a travel related card.

I'm probably going to end up with the CSP + SPG combination for my personal spending.  Dining and travel on the CSP, and everything else that's non-forex related on the SPG. 

Amex needs to examine their policy of only waiving the forex fees on the Platinum, especially since int'l acceptance isn't universal as it is with Visa/MC.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.