Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred APPROVED!

tag
Topher227
Established Member

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred APPROVED!

@clocktick wrote:

Great story, congrats!  I'm waiting through the 30-day message as I type this.

How long did you wait to call them after your app?  When I call, they say they're still reviewing (different Chase card though).

Congrats again!  This is my next card.  Smiley Very Happy

I called the next day after the app

April 2011 -- EQ: 593, EX: 603, TU: 619
April 2012 -- EQ: 699, EX: ???, TU: 714
May 2012 -- MyFico EQ: 743
July 2012 -- MyFico EQ: 760!!!
Wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: $5K CL, AMEX BCP: 1k CL, Chase Freedom: 3k CL, Sams Club Private Label: $5k CL, BofA 1-2-3: 5k CL
Sock Drawer: Cap1 Platinum, 1FBUSA
Message 21 of 32
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@Topher227 wrote:

Hey guys! 2nd post here, been a long time lurker here... 

I've had a Chase Slate card since 2007, and a Freedom card which I got last month (3k CL). I really like the Freedom card because of the 5% cash back benefit, as well as the bonus points you can get from their online store (12 points for $1 at Resturant.com?? count me in!!!). The slate card has very little use to me as there are no rewards.

I do some traveling from time to time and noticed that the Sapphire card had no foreign transaction fees.... So i called Chase CS and spoke with a representive (in india) who told me there was just no way I could be PC'd to a sapphire card. I asked to speak to a supervisor and spoke with a gentleman (who was in the US) and was extremely down to earth. He said there was no way he could PC it, but he highly recommended to me that I put in a second app. I said that I had just placed another app last month for the freedom card, but he strongly encouraged me to try anyway and that "All applications can be reconsidered manually by our credit team if they are declined". He also told me about the 40,000 bonus points and said, with a snicker... "If we keep handing out money like this, I wonder when they're going to start laying people off around here". He was genuine, and i liked that. Even if it was a sales pitch, he surely knew how to make it not sound like one.

So, I ended the call and app'd for the CSP on Thursday. I got the "30 days" message. The next day, I called and spoke with a woman who took a look at the app.... she said that all of my available credit lines were low and she wasn't too confident about an approval. I said I was willing to work with Chase in any way possible for an approval. She placed me on hold and came back saying that she could close my chase card and put the available credit ($1,500) towards the CSP -- it wouldn't be a guaranteed approval, but it would give me a very good chance. She also said there was a balance on the card ($300), and I would need to pay it in full first. After that call I went online and paid the entire balance. It posted on Saturday morning.

I called in Sat morning and spoke with a gentleman. After explaining the last few conversations to him he placed me on hold for about 30 seconds and came back telling me I was approved, with a $5k credit access line. After that call I tried the automated status line and it was in there too! 5K! I should be getting my card within a week...... I'm really excited!!!!!!!

I am very surprised I was approved with my credit scores, but i'm very happy with the outcome!! I am also very pleased with the quality of the customer service.....

Now, back to gardening! Smiley Wink

Congratulations! Which bureau did they pull?

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 22 of 32
Topher227
Established Member

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure which bureau they pulled. I have Equifax 3 bureau monitoring and I haven't received the inquiry alert yet for any of the three.

April 2011 -- EQ: 593, EX: 603, TU: 619
April 2012 -- EQ: 699, EX: ???, TU: 714
May 2012 -- MyFico EQ: 743
July 2012 -- MyFico EQ: 760!!!
Wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: $5K CL, AMEX BCP: 1k CL, Chase Freedom: 3k CL, Sams Club Private Label: $5k CL, BofA 1-2-3: 5k CL
Sock Drawer: Cap1 Platinum, 1FBUSA
Message 23 of 32
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

I had success over the weekend with Amex Green and Chase Freedom.  It was such a great feeling to be told that I was APPROVED!

Also, congrats on the obvious hard work with pulling your scores up!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled EQ first and TU for me when I reconned. I hear this card takes forever to arrive--- can't wait to get my grubby paws on it!

Message 25 of 32
jason10
New Contributor

I just applied for a Chase Saphire Preferred and got an auto approval message. I've had a Chase Freedom card with a $6k CL since 2010, EQ FICO 783, 8% util, 1 new account in last year, 2 INQs. HHI $125k.

Not sure which report they pulled. I should know in a few days. They pulled EQ for my Freedom card.

EDIT: Called the App line and I was told that I was approved with a $21,000 CL!

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just found out I got approved for CSP today too! The two scores I've checked recently are 717 (EQ) and 729 (TU), with no baddies on my report, and this was my first application with Chase. I only have two years of credit history so I was a bit worried about that, but looks like it didn't hurt my app too much. I didn't get auto-approved, so I called two days after submitting my application-- they told me they had a few verification questions, so I answered those and was approved immediately after that. Everyone that has this card seems to love it-- so excited!

Message 27 of 32
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

what kind of utilization you guys had ?

>
Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

i only had one other card (Citi Forward), with a utilization hovering around 30%. (A big part of why i wanted another card was to lower that!)

Message 29 of 32
jamlovesgrapes
Established Member

Congrats! It's funny when people ask you where you can get the card or what type of card it is.

JP Morgan Select 5K, CSP 5K, JP Morgan Ritz Carlton 5K, Southwest Premier 5K, Marriott Premier 5K, Chase Freedom 1.5K, Chase Ink Bold, Citi Hilton Reserve 7K, Citi Hilton Visa Signature 5K, Citi AA Platinum World MC 5K, Citi TY Preferred 5.75K, Discover IT 2.5K, BOA BankAmericard Travel 5K, BOA BankAmericard Cash 15K, Cap1 Cash Rewards 5K, PayPal Extras MC 4.4K, AMEX Blue Sky AU 11K
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.