cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval ...

tag
tr24
New Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval ...

Any updates OP?  Can you answer some of the questions answered? Thanks

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

"The reason you got away with it most likely those 9 new accounts in the last two months have yet to report.  Hence Chase hasn't seen them yet so it hasn't violated the 5x24 rule.  Just my guess on it." and "are all your accounts reporting to the CRAs? Since it's been 2 months, they may not be reporting."

All but one are showing up on my credit reports already ...

"How many accounts in total do you have in the last 24 months?"

9 ... but I cancelled my AMEX Gold right after I received it because they pissed me off.

"Did you have a prequal or cold app???"

Cold app by clicking link at the Points Guy's website ... I don't know if that helps or hurts

FYI ... scores between 690 and 715.  Two months ago they were in the mid to high 500s with no credit cards at all ... but I spend so much each month, I figured that I might as well get some points or miles for it ;-)

Chase Sapphire Preferred will be my go to card, Amazon Store Prime card is my most lucrative because it gives me 5% off everything I buy at Amazon (about $2k per month spending)

Message 13 of 23
tr24
New Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I really want to apply for it, I too have around 8 accounts in the last 24 months.  Not sure if I should give it a go.  FICO around 740.

Btw, how do you guys add pictures of the cards you have to your signature? 

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!

CSP is my 2017 want. Pretty sweet rewards structure w UR. 

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tr24 wrote:

Btw, how do you guys add pictures of the cards you have to your signature? 

I went the the "Gardening" thread, copied the code and then put in my own links ;-)

Message 16 of 23
FICOFocused2000
New Visitor

CONGRATS! I just applied online after reading all of the fantastic benefits assoicated with the card! Instantly approved. I also applied for the AA Advantage Card and was instantly apporved also! Just looking to rack up miles and get free travel!

Discover IT, SW Rapid Rewards, Quicksilver, 2 CAP ONE, Macy's, Old Navy, CSP, AA Advantage

Utilzation 10% (not including the new CSP and AA Advantage)

Total Credit= $40k

TU=701; EX=664; EQ=670

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

"The reason you got away with it most likely those 9 new accounts in the last two months have yet to report.  Hence Chase hasn't seen them yet so it hasn't violated the 5x24 rule.  Just my guess on it." and "are all your accounts reporting to the CRAs? Since it's been 2 months, they may not be reporting."

All but one are showing up on my credit reports already ...

"How many accounts in total do you have in the last 24 months?"

9 ... but I cancelled my AMEX Gold right after I received it because they pissed me off.

"Did you have a prequal or cold app???"

Cold app by clicking link at the Points Guy's website ... I don't know if that helps or hurts

FYI ... scores between 690 and 715.  Two months ago they were in the mid to high 500s with no credit cards at all ... but I spend so much each month, I figured that I might as well get some points or miles for it ;-)

Chase Sapphire Preferred will be my go to card, Amazon Store Prime card is my most lucrative because it gives me 5% off everything I buy at Amazon (about $2k per month spending)

Congrats!  And thank you for the data points regarding your new accounts and Chase.  Maybe their rule is changing?

Message 18 of 23
Tryingtogetbetter
Contributor

Congrats! I just got approved for the CSP this week as well with about 7 new accounts in the last 24 months. From what I've been told on here they look for 5 new Chase cards in the previous 24 months not just 5 cards overall. 

Current FICO Scores as of 12/12/15 - EQ-704 TU-736 EX-708
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

But i also think they are a relationship bank. If you have savings or checkings with them they might be more willing to overlook the rule.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.