Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) Approved

tag
jeffrey_MBP
Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) Approved

From my assessment, Chase is putting heavy emphasis on income requirements and open credit when applying for this card.  I have a solid credit history with a few hiccups, but my annual income is very respectible.  I did not think I was going to get approved for this card; however, it happened the other day. 

After being blacklisted from Amex (2002 bankruptcy), I did not think I would have a chance at any of the top tier cards, but it worked out.  I've never had a JPMorgan Chase relationship, so maybe they decided to take a chance.

NOTE:  Chase does a hard pull (HP) from every credit bureau.  Additionally, do not believe what people say about trying to get approved for one personal card and one business card - Chase said they would have like to move forward with the business card; however, they want to build a relationship on the personal card for a few months. 

I hope this helps everyone!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) Approved

@jeffrey_MBP wrote:

From my assessment, Chase is putting heavy emphasis on income requirements and open credit when applying for this card.  I have a solid credit history with a few hiccups, but my annual income is very respectible.  I did not think I was going to get approved for this card; however, it happened the other day. 

After being blacklisted from Amex (2002 bankruptcy), I did not think I would have a chance at any of the top tier cards, but it worked out.  I've never had a JPMorgan Chase relationship, so maybe they decided to take a chance.

NOTE:  Chase does a hard pull (HP) from every credit bureau.  Additionally, do not believe what people say about trying to get approved for one personal card and one business card - Chase said they would have like to move forward with the business card; however, they want to build a relationship on the personal card for a few months. 

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@jeffrey_MBP wrote:

Chase may pull all three bureaus if your score is borderline, they only pulled EX for me.  I have asked the CSR upon approval if they pulled all three and they told me this.  Congrats on your approval and welcome to CSP family.  

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on your approval but it is possible to receive a personal and business card. Based on your bk, they may have been less inclined to give you both. Also, pulls from multiple bureaus may also indicate the credit was insufficient for both lines.
Message 4 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats on approval

Message 6 of 9
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!
Message 7 of 9
jeffrey_MBP
Contributor

My bankruptcy wasn't listed on my credit report anymore - but I had some late payments within the past three years that they inquired about. The recon line for business was a great conversations and outlined the strategy needed over the next few months.
Message 8 of 9
tehpud
New Contributor

I too was recently approved for the CSP.  It appears to me, after speaking with the office in Illinois, that Chase has a heavy emphasis on having a previous card with a minimum limit of $5k for the CSP to be considered.  Makes sense too.

They had to verify one of my accounts because BoA doesn't report limits and they almost said no to me until I did talk to them about that.  I needed to explain that BoA doesn't report the limit but it is $10k blah blah blah.  On hold for a minute and approved.

Chase in my experience is all about your existing relationship, building relationship and existing limits before they risk higher limits.  At least that's what it has been like with me.

Starting Score: 507 TU | 549 EX | 525 EQ // 05/11
Current Score: 773TU | 740 EX | 751 EQ // 06/13
Goal Score: 775 TU | 795 EX | 745 EQ

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.