cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) approved w/ recon - $10k!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) approved w/ recon - $10k!

I am so freakin' happy right now! I've been looking for a nice travel rewards card and had my heart set on the VentureCard with Capital One. I had been eyeing it for a good while, but wanted to look and see what else is out there.

I was recently able to pay down all of my CC balances and saw a huge spike in scores. 

I'm at like 10% utilization now because all of my balances haven't updated. My scores are EQ - 696, TU - 709, EX - 664. 

I signed up for Chase Journey (free credit monitoring) earlier and saw that I had a few pre-qual offers for: Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Slate, and CSP. I read a little more about the CSP and knew that I wanted it.

I was hesitant but hit the submit button and got the 30-day notice by mail. I searched for a recon number and called in. Transferred to the Verifications Dept and answered a few questions and approved for 10k! Huge sigh of relief and excitement - this will be my highest limit! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) approved w/ recon - $10k!

Wasn't a recon specifically, just a verification requirement.

Congrats, that's huge! Those CCJ prequals seek pretty accurate. That's how I got my FU after burning Chase with a CO and always getting denied.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey can you share one data point now and maybe in a few weeks?

Check CCJ tomorrow and see if the prequals are still there. If they're gone, post again when they come back -- I am trying to figure out how quickly they disappear and return!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thing. I just signed up for CCJ today so I don’t have any previous frame of reference, but will def let you know what I find.
Message 4 of 10
taekwon
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on you new card! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting a great card AND on having some options with Chase. I always wondered if i should sign up for that just in caseSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval.  Although not a recon as another mentioned just a erification.  Enjoy the card!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else approved through the verification process? I saw I got an inquiry on my EXP report but no update email or more info besides the rep on the phone congratulating me for my approval.

Can anyone share your experience after gettting verifies? Seems like there would be more follow through on Chase’s part to update me with more info, like a confirmation email w/ next steps...
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were approved, they told you so correct? Just sit back and wait for your card.

Same thing happened to me. Got approved after security. 

They don't notify the Associated Press and send you all kinds of "we didn't change our mind" emails.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha alright, I’ll sit and wait for it to come in the mail. Thanks!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.