Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred approval

tag
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred approval

After my battle with AMEX over a Delta Reserve for Business card (posts under business credit area - quite a ride for that one) I decided to take a shot at a nice Chase personal card before the AMEX pulls show up on my reports. I tried for the Freedom about 6 months ago and was denied so I was a bit hesitant. I have more business plastic than personal plastic (at least in limits). I do have business and personal savings and checking with Chase as well as an auto loan. 

Anyhow I did the online app and got the "needs further review" screen. My hopes were dashed. I waited a bit then tried to call the app recon number but they were closed. I tried the automated app status line and to my surprise it was approved! I still pressed "0" to speak with a customer service rep who gladly confirmed it was approved. I was so happy I cancelled my two old Chase cards that were nearly useless (low limits and no rewards). 

End result was $8,600 limit, more than enough as I intend to keep spreading my spending around to maximize rewards with my Chase Ink and various AMEX personal and business cards. I'll hit my 40,000 point reward for this card at $3,000 spend right away then keep it active for the higher point categories. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred approval

details my friend.  We need credit scores, AAoA, etc (blood type) Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 3 of 10
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Congrats!!  It's an awesome card, I just redeemed points  for $700 cash!!!

Message 4 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Who knows their blood type? I'm really clueless on that. 

According to myFico my TU is 723 and my EQ is 731 on pulls less than 30 days ago. Amex cited my EX at 713 about a month ago. Never bothered with my AAoA until you asked. Quick calculation shows 5 years 6 months based on a quick calculation I did it correct (total months on report for each card divided by total number of cards). 

How's that? 

Message 5 of 10
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the additional info and congrats.

Ps. AB + (universal recipient)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval... Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 7 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats, that's great. Boy they are making you sweat during your apps lately! haha

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 10
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Nice approval, with a good starting limit. Congrats! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 10
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

Who knows their blood type? I'm really clueless on that. 

According to myFico my TU is 723 and my EQ is 731 on pulls less than 30 days ago. Amex cited my EX at 713 about a month ago. Never bothered with my AAoA until you asked. Quick calculation shows 5 years 6 months based on a quick calculation I did it correct (total months on report for each card divided by total number of cards). 

How's that? 

Congrats on the approval! Smiley Very Happy I should've went for CSP but oh well, always the option to upgrade later on, hopefully when I'll actually heavily use it for travel!

Also my blood type is B+. My red blood cells are poop to donor centers since I can only give to B+ or AB+ (i got you Duncanrr Smiley Tongue) so I tend to donate platelets since there's less of a risk of adverse affects compared to RBC. Got baby's blood too (CMV -) which they absolutely love! You should donate whole blood if eligible! Great way to help out people in need, as well as give you some insight into your type! Best to know in good times than for them to have to figure it out in bad times!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.