Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred approval!

tag
honky
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred approval!

Congrats!  My CSP is definitely one of my go to cards.  I use it for most of the "other" purchases.  I love how fast UR points add up with all the Chase cards.

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 11 of 19
supervelous
Regular Contributor

Sweet!  If you want, I'm sure Chase would allow you to move limit to your Freedom card if you wanted to make it a more even distribution, I personally would rather have a nice 10K limit like you have but to each their own!

Don't forget to spend the $3K for the 40,000 UR point bonus within 103 days.  I know that seems obvious, but my GF had this card and didn't even know about the bonus.  Luckily for her, I got mine a couple weeks ago, and asked her if she knew and she said no.  We called CS on 8/26/13 and they told her she had until 9/9/13.  We found enough things to push through that she would have spent money on anyway for her to just make it.  

Congrats on your shiny new CSP!

Message 12 of 19
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Which CRA did they pull for you and which state are you in?
Message 13 of 19
k84
Valued Member

@supervelous wrote:

Sweet!  If you want, I'm sure Chase would allow you to move limit to your Freedom card if you wanted to make it a more even distribution, I personally would rather have a nice 10K limit like you have but to each their own!

I would rather keep the 10k on this card. I'll end up using this for almost everything now anyway and only use the Freedom when there is a need for it. Plus I think it looks much better to have a 10k limit reporting than two 6k limits.

Capital One is my next target... their 750 limit has really been bothering me for a while - and even more so after this approval. The Capital One online CLI application says my average balance is too low. I never use it because it has a low CL... catch 22 Smiley Happy

@supervelous wrote:

Don't forget to spend the $3K for the 40,000 UR point bonus within 103 days.  I know that seems obvious, but my GF had this card and didn't even know about the bonus.  Luckily for her, I got mine a couple weeks ago, and asked her if she knew and she said no.  We called CS on 8/26/13 and they told her she had until 9/9/13.  We found enough things to push through that she would have spent money on anyway for her to just make it.  

Lucky you remembered! That is a close call.

I'll make sure I earn that bonus... I would never forgive myself if I let that go.

@wHiTeSoL wrote:
Which CRA did they pull for you and which state are you in?

I'm in Florida and they pulled both Equifax and Experian.

FICO: EQ: 749 | EX: 754 | TU: 776    FAKO: EQ+: 728 | EX+: 728, EX CS: 787 | TU+: 737, TU CK: 754    Gardening until 1/31/2014
Message 14 of 19
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Congrats! I can't wait to receive mine in the mail. I just did a PC

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 15 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new CSP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 19
JonStur
Established Contributor

Congrats.. That's one sexy card!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 17 of 19
mjnierva23
New Contributor

Congrats. Great card

Message 18 of 19
k84
Valued Member

Just received the new card. I was already expecting a heavy card based on posts from others, but wow... it really is heavy compared to other cards. Awesome Smiley Very Happy

One thing I noticed is that Chase didn't include any FICO score with the card which is a shame. Does anyone know if Chase will give me my score if I ask for it?

FICO: EQ: 749 | EX: 754 | TU: 776    FAKO: EQ+: 728 | EX+: 728, EX CS: 787 | TU+: 737, TU CK: 754    Gardening until 1/31/2014
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.