Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred approved! Woohoo

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred approved! Woohoo

Hello all, just wanted to share that I got approved for a CSP this morning. $5k CL, 16.24 APR variable.

I checked prequal last night and I had a firm 15.99, but the pre qual this morning was 16.24, so I guess it went up .25%, no biggie. Card is being expedited to me while I'm traveling, which is pretty cool. I plan on asking for a bigger CL upon activation. What are the odds they'll go for it and will it result in another hard pull? The approval message said I'd be able to discuss the CL with an agent at time of activation. I've gotten the Slate ($1k), Freeedom($1k), and now CSP all within the last year, but I'd like these CLs to be competitive with my AmEx BCP and Costco ($8k each) and/or my Discover It ($18.4k).

*edited to show correct apr from this morning's pre-qual, had entered 15.99 again instead of 16.24

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred approved! Woohoo

Congrats!

For some reason, Chase is still advertising the 15.99% rate even though the fed increased rates by .25 raising them to 16.24%. It's shady but not that big of a deal I guess.

Message 2 of 28
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

Congrats!

For some reason, Chase is still advertising the 15.99% rate even though the fed increased rates by .25 raising them to 16.24%. It's shady but not that big of a deal I guess.

Not a big deal at all, but maybe I could've still gotten it had I applied last night. Lol. 

Message 3 of 28
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

What was your credit at time of approval? Been contemplating applying for this card as soon as I pay off all of my balances.
Message 4 of 28
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
What was your credit at time of approval? Been contemplating applying for this card as soon as I pay off all of my balances.

Not sure who they pulled, but scores currently range from 710-738. Overall Util is at about 26% on total CL of roughly $60k spread over 7-8 cards, two paid car notes, and a new auto loan of about $27k. All these numbers aren't exact as I'm traveling for business now and I don't have all my info in front of me, but fairly close.

Message 5 of 28
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Any idea on starting CL?
Message 6 of 28
boober
Frequent Contributor

Says in his first post he was approved for 5k.

Message 7 of 28
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
Any idea on starting CL?

I got $5k, will see if I can get more at activation. Chase has been cautious with my starting CLs, so I'll have to raise them on my own through good account management.

Message 8 of 28
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@boober wrote:

Says in his first post he was approved for 5k.

Correct

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cain- wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

Congrats!

Not a big deal at all, but maybe I could've still gotten it had I applied last night. Lol. 

I got 15.99 % when I got my card almost 6 months ago and was at that rate until the feds raised them. Now I'm at 16.24 so nope, I don't think you would have.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.