cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - Update: Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve - Update: Approved!

Let me preface my stating that I am not well versed like the other people in the forums. The card benefit outweighs the annual fees by a huge margin. First the card annual fee is 450 but Chase gives you $300 in travel credits so the net cost is 150. Note that chase travel category is very broad e.g. it includes, tolls, uber, taxi, obviously hotels and airfare.

In addition you get 100k points that has a $ value of about 1500. Plus all the travel and credit card experts have rated this as the highest perks card
Message 11 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new Chase Sapphire Reserve APPROVAL!

Message 12 of 18
jbhems503
New Contributor

Congrats on the CSR approval! Lucky dog for getting the 100K bonus. Wish I could have. Maybe they'll bring it back...... One day...

myFICO Equifax: --> 645
myFICO Experian: --> 684
MyFICO TransUnion: --> 645
--- Back in the garden until Mid 700's. Next on the list is the CSR. ---
Care Credit - $12.9K (AU). Best Buy - $4K (AU - It reports, that's all that matters! (: ). AMEX Premier Rewards Gold. AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - $2K. Citi COSTCO - 2K. Barclay Rewards - $1.5k. Chase Freedom - $1,000.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve. Apply. Got denied for CSP in June 2016

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Please correct me if I'm wrong....Reserve minimum is 10k......so no, don't apply. 

Would it be worth it to get the reserved and preferred? Just thinking ahead for when I can get approved for it. 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you applied. It would have been extremely foolish imo not to just because of an inquiry worry. Chase gave me my first 5k+ card, and closest was 1.5k at the time. Then they gave me a 7.5k. Congratulations
Message 15 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve. Apply. Got denied for CSP in June 2016

@Anonymous wrote:
Went into the branch on Saturday, March 11th, to apply. Branch pre-qualify didn't show any cards that I would be preapproved for. I applied and initially got rejected due to the charge-off I had mentioned in my initial post. After talking with the reconsideration line, chase Branch representative called them without me asking . Got approved for 10k line. The reconsideation Rep just asked me circumstances for charge off.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Congrats on the approval!

Do you mind sharing the Chase CO amount and the reason you gave them.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase charge off amount was for an old Amazon card account from 2008 . Amount was approx 1.3k. I told them that it was really early in my credit life and I was still learning credit. Took responsibility for the relapse and I told them that since then my credit has been steadily improving.
Message 17 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Chase charge off amount was for an old Amazon card account from 2008 . Amount was approx 1.3k. I told them that it was really early in my credit life and I was still learning credit. Took responsibility for the relapse and I told them that since then my credit has been steadily improving.

Thats great. Again, congrats on the approval!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.