Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire!

I went through my 1st app spree a couple months ago before I knew about the Chase 5/24 rule.  I had been approved for the Chase Freedom Unlimited along with a few others that put me well over 5/24 so I was prepared to be patient.  Then I logged into my account to make a payment and looked at my offers and I had a preapproval for the Sapphire so I decided to step out of the garden and apply and received and instant approval with a CL of $9000!  Very happy.  

Also received a few CLIs

Amex Blue Cash Everyday from $1000 to $3000

Discover IT from $3000 to $3500 (Big jump I know!)

Old Navy from $300 to $1000

Amazon store card from $290 to $1300 (this was after a CLD that occurred last year when I was trying to make a payment with a different account and keyed in the account number wrong so the payment was rejected and they decreased my limit)  I was pretty sure Synchrony hated me because I was being approved for CLs of $15,000 with other banks but they wouldn't give me a higher limit.  But I guess they needed time to get over my mistake. (and perhaps more responsible use of my credit played a role - funny how that works)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire!

You got it rolling now! Congratulations!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Any data points?  When did you get approved for Freedom (was that a preapproval on Chase too?), who did they pull, what are your FICO8s there?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked for a preapproval and both the Freedom and  Sapphire and I only went with the Freedom at that time.  I was approved in August with a CL of $5000 and they pulled Transunion and Experian.  My FICO8s then were 679 for Transunion and Experian and Equifax was 685.  

For the Sapphire, they pulled both again.  Now my FICO8s are 720 for Transunion and 721 for Experian is 722

Message 4 of 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

That's great news, congratulations! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic data points, thanks!  At a $9000 approval for CSP you were just on the border of the $10,000 minimum for CSR, which is the card I am hoping to snag in 2018 at some point, but the AF on the CSR makes it not worth it for a lot of folks.  CSP is a great card, use it well!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.