Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase .. Seriously? Im confused.

tag
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Chase .. Seriously? Im confused.

So my Freedom is 6 months old and I decided to try for a CLI. It has a $500 limit currently.

Denied.

Ok, so the next day (yesterday) for whatever reason I apped for a Slate and was approved for 1K.

I called in and simply said it was approved but not really enough for a BT I was planning, as it would totally max the card.

The rep was nice and said she couldn't increase it at this time, but that my freedom was still in the Promo 0% stage until Feb 2015. Asked if a 1500 limit untill Feb 2015 would help me. And I said yes it would. She then closed the Slate (which had been open just a couple hrs BTW) and consolodated the lines for me.

So I got my Freedom CLI but at a higher cost, 2 HPS.

So Im curious, why is it they wouldn't give my a CLI on my 6 month old Freedom  but will open a new Slate account and consolodate the lines without issue? Seems the CLI would be easier to get.

Granted its not a huge limit but puts my Freedom in line with my other majors which are 1500-2000 currently. So Im fine with that.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Re: Chase .. Seriously? Im confused.

I'm confused too!...LOL!

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sometimes computers are annoying.

sometimes people are annoying

Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Was this customer service or an analyst that you spoke to? Either way it's stupid and I agree 1k for a balance transfer card is sad. At least you got your CLI on Freedom though. Im guessing 2 pulls on EX?
Message 4 of 6
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Yeah it's weird. I took a hp for CSP from $5k to $10k with no issue. Chase is one of those weird lenders like that. There have been many stories here about being denied CLIs on exisiting lines, then apping for another card and getting a huge limit. 

Message 5 of 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for your bad experience, but I guess a "congrats" on your CLI. It gets better, I promise. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.