Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate - Approved

tag
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Chase Slate - Approved

Happy news! According to the automated system Chase has approved my app for Slate with a $500 CL. High APR, but my foot is firmly in the door. This makes my 3rd and final approval this month and a great send off to garden. These are now the open tradelines I am aging:

Barclaycard Rewards - $750

Chase Slate - $500

Walmart Store Card - $500

Bank of America - $500 (secured 99/500)

Capital One - $300 (secured 99/200)

I won't app again until 2015, though I may come out of the garden in June 2014 to request CLI per card. Capital One gets the axe -- maybe as early as next month!

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Ailee92

Re: Chase Slate - Approved

congrats! but wow with those scores getting your foot in the door is amazing 

Message 2 of 10
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! Yeah, my scores suck but not as much as year ago, lol. That's why I apped the Slate rather than Freedom.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 3 of 10
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

You've got some nice little seedlings to take into the garden with you, and that's wonderful that you were successful in getting your foot in the door with Chase. Congrats, and see you in the garden! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 10
imovinup
Regular Contributor

Congrats I applied for the chase slate 3 times and got denied but applied for the chase Amazon visa and got approved. I want a chase slate in the future. I got to keep my finger off the the sub app button for a long time!

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 10
imovinup
Regular Contributor

oh i axed my cap1 secured card last week it will never grow or unsecure its only a stepping stone until someone else will trust you. i had mine for 2 years bad apr and annual fee

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 6 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 10
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all. I just got the Cap One EO office to waive the annual fee that hits end of July. The fee was applied as a credit already, so my understanding is the fee will still show up in July ... unless I cash out now, lol! Especially since Cap One denied my unsecured app this week because I had a fraud alert on EX & EQ.

Message 8 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Jasir wrote:

Happy news! According to the automated system Chase has approved my app for Slate with a $500 CL. High APR, but my foot is firmly in the door. This makes my 3rd and final approval this month and a great send off to garden. These are now the open tradelines I am aging:

Barclaycard Rewards - $750

Chase Slate - $500

Walmart Store Card - $500

Bank of America - $500 (secured 99/500)

Capital One - $300 (secured 99/200)

I won't app again until 2015, though I may come out of the garden in June 2014 to request CLI per card. Capital One gets the axe -- maybe as early as next month!

CONGRATS WTG BRAVO you did a wonderful job 

Happy dance time 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 10
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  See you in the garden.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.