Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest Approval

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Southwest Approval

@Lynnst wrote:

Thanks for the words of encouragement.  I really can credit all I have learned here on the forums with educating me on how to rebuild the smart way.  I'll be seeing y'all in the garden.

For all the advice we give on this forum, the simple fact is it takes discipline and persistence to see it through.

That is a most excellent achievement, and that's all you, not us.  A well deserved congratulations on your progress so far, and the Chase SW card is a very, very nice card to acquire if it fits your travel plans.

        
Message 11 of 15
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

That is a tempting offer, but I think, for myself, I will wait to do it until next year.

It does feel good to be getting these things after rebuilding doesn't it?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 12 of 15
Lynnst
Valued Member

@ bernhardtra - you could not be more right!  It's very satisfying to be rewarded for years of hard work and discipline.  I admire your determination to stick to your game plan and wait to apply. 

Message 13 of 15
Lynnst
Valued Member

AND...as an added bonus I just received notification that my EQ score jumped from 728 to 770 because of the new TL and the decreasing total on the only card carrying a balance.  That much of a jump was not expected. 

Message 14 of 15
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

For me it is not too important until I return home from overseas.  I am trying to make sure that I have more than enough credit, good history, and a fair AAoA when I return in a year or two.  This would be a good card to have then with all the perks they have for it.  However tempting, it is actually hard to justify though.  There is little opportunity until I return to actually use the benefits.  (I already have a Delta Amex, so that is more useful to me!)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.