cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest - Approved

tag
Jakz34

Re: Chase Southwest - Approved

Thanks for all the info guys!  Now I am really happy that I bit the bullet and app'd for this card!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@Jakz34 wrote:

Thanks for all the info guys!  Now I am really happy that I bit the bullet and app'd for this card!  Smiley Very Happy

You've got what is in my view, the best domestic airline card.  50,000 miles is worth $835 in flights.  So, in essence, that's your sign-up bonus!

Tip - sign up with rapidrewards dining - it's free, and you can accrue extra SW points for dining at restaurants on the list. Also, in your reapidrewards online page, select to receive their newsletter for a free 500 rewards points.

Message 12 of 20
wwtthhpp
Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Jakz34 wrote:

You've got what is in my view, the best domestic airline card.  50,000 miles is worth $835 in flights.  So, in essence, that's your sign-up bonus!

Tip - sign up with rapidrewards dining - it's free, and you can accrue extra SW points for dining at restaurants on the list. Also, in your reapidrewards online page, select to receive their newsletter for a free 500 rewards points.

Wow, that's a nice little bonus.  I did some additional digging and found out about Rapid Reward Shopping too and many of the stores offer multiple points per dollar of online shopping.  I sure wish I would have known about Home Depot being on the list.  Bought a riding mower from there last week and at 2x points would've given me an additional 3000+ points. Smiley Sad  Did a Discountmags order last week too and at 20 points per dollar it would've given me another 140 points.

ARGHHHHH!!!!! Smiley Mad

Message 13 of 20
Jakz34

So I have an additional question about this card. As I stated, I was approved for the Premier but after reading online, I'd really like to app for the Plus and try to get the SW companion pass.

Anybody have any luck doing this? Is the Plus card easier approval?
Message 14 of 20
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Bonus points do not count toards SW companion pass. Every 10000 dollar in spending on card gets you 1500 points counted towards A-list or A-list preferred.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 15 of 20
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@NewtoCredit80 wrote:

Bonus points do not count toards SW companion pass. Every 10000 dollar in spending on card gets you 1500 points counted towards A-list or A-list preferred.

Actually, this is incorrect. Bonus points (from apping for a second card) DO count for the companion pass, but not for the A-list. There is a long thread on Flyertalk forums about people apping for 2 cards, for the prupose of getting the Comp. Pass. The CSR's will tell you the bonus points don't count for this, but they do.

I don't think the plus card is an easier approval, it really depends on your credit histopry and history with Chase (they tend to approve new cards if you have not reached their 'internal limit' of how much credit they will give you. Hint: even if you reach the internal limit, if you history is decent enough to be approved, they will let you move limits from other cards to a new card to be approved). There is also a thread on FT with lots of info about multiple apps with Chase.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 16 of 20
Jakz34

I'm wondering if there would any way to call and ask for a Plus or Business card based on my previous Premiere app. Anybody know?
Message 17 of 20
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@Jakz34 wrote:
I'm wondering if there would any way to call and ask for a Plus or Business card based on my previous Premiere app. Anybody know?

I highly doubt that. Chase is notorious for their hard pulls when making any change to your credit line. They would even be hesitant to raise your limit of another card (if you had one) from your SW app.

They would be curious to know if you apped again between getting each card, as many go on app sprees, and it is a way they can tell what you are doing.

Message 18 of 20
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Not sure if I can post link from another forum. But, go to Flyer Talk and look at SW Air Forum, and read the thread. It is possible to get a 2nd card, but you must apply a 2nd time. You have to re-con, which is when you can move lines around.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 19 of 20
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Congrats! I have this card and its awesome!!
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.