cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest Premier Card Approval !!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
lnapier02

Chase Southwest Premier Card Approval !!!!!!!!!!!!

So a little back history back in mid July I applied for the Chase Southwest card before there 50,000 mile bonus was going to end. I was denied and the letter stated that I had 1 bad account, goes back 5 years ago, and credit wasn't old enough as my average account age was 2 years 5 months. I do have a mortgage for our new house from wells Fargo that was opened in 12/11 and have been paying extra to the principal every month. In the start of July I had my father add me as an AU to his American Express Delta Sky miles card and his LL Bean Barclay card that he has had for 6+ years. The credit line on the AX is $13,500 and the Barclay is $16,000 and they have never been late or anything on them. My low score,Chase said on the denial in July that it was a 660, goes back to long ago 6-10 years when I was younger and very dumb about credit, I have learned since and never carry a balance or pay anything late.

So fast forward to 2 weeks ago and I received a pre screen offer from Chase for the Southwest card in the mail, when I first saw it I said  whatever so you can do another HP for nothing. The next day I said oh well the 50,000 mile offer is still going so I might as well just try. I applied online with the link on my offer and got the we are checking your info you will hear an answer in 7-10 days. I was like yup another HP for nothing, well today the Card arrived and its the Premier Visa Sig card with a limit of $7000. Needless to say I am super happy that I was able to get a card like this and can't wait to start earning and using all my miles, also called the wife like a crazy man when it came LOL

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Premier Card Approval !!!!!!!!!!!!

@lnapier02 wrote:

So a little back history back in mid July I applied for the Chase Southwest card before there 50,000 mile bonus was going to end. I was denied and the letter stated that I had 1 bad account, goes back 5 years ago, and credit wasn't old enough as my average account age was 2 years 5 months. I do have a mortgage for our new house from wells Fargo that was opened in 12/11 and have been paying extra to the principal every month. In the start of July I had my father add me as an AU to his American Express Delta Sky miles card and his LL Bean Barclay card that he has had for 6+ years. The credit line on the AX is $13,500 and the Barclay is $16,000 and they have never been late or anything on them. My low score,Chase said on the denial in July that it was a 660, goes back to long ago 6-10 years when I was younger and very dumb about credit, I have learned since and never carry a balance or pay anything late.

So fast forward to 2 weeks ago and I received a pre screen offer from Chase for the Southwest card in the mail, when I first saw it I said  whatever so you can do another HP for nothing. The next day I said oh well the 50,000 mile offer is still going so I might as well just try. I applied online with the link on my offer and got the we are checking your info you will hear an answer in 7-10 days. I was like yup another HP for nothing, well today the Card arrived and its the Premier Visa Sig card with a limit of $7000. Needless to say I am super happy that I was able to get a card like this and can't wait to start earning and using all my miles, also called the wife like a crazy man when it came LOL

Congarts 

Nice bonus 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 13
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Nice limit! Congratulations!

Enjoy your new card!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Yup, congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
hot4u
Established Contributor

Smiley Happy Congrats...

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 6 of 13
missjae
Established Contributor

Congrats! Nice limit.

Message 7 of 13
john398
Senior Contributor

Awesome congrats I wasd also approved for this card, its my first dignature card

Message 8 of 13
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Awesome congrats I wasd also approved for this card, its my first dignature card

Awesome card and awesome limit!

Congrats

Message 9 of 13
lnapier02

Quick question if I add my wife as an AU will she still be able to apply for her own Southwest Card later?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.