Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United MP Explorer...WTH!

tag
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Chase United MP Explorer...WTH!

Closed my Freedom last month and had to pull teeth to get the $500 CL transferred to my 2 month old Slate. Then denied a CLI while simultaneously being declined for the Amazon Visa with reported score of 701. "We're undecided whether we value you as a customer".

I really need a good airline card so, I decided to give Chase ONE MORE CHANCE!

Applied Friday, 5/29, got the usual 7-10 days we'll send you another denial letter.

Was reading here about someone getting an auto-CLI out of the blue and decided to check my Chase account(s).

First one FREEDOM...THIS ACCOUNT IS CLOSED

Second, Slate...same ol' CL

Happened to scroll further down

WTH! United Mileage Plus Explorer $5K SL

I'm tellin' ya...I was stunned!

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase United MP Explorer...WTH!

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

Closed my Freedom last month and had to pull teeth to get the $500 CL transferred to my 2 month old Slate. Then denied a CLI while simultaneously being declined for the Amazon Visa with reported score of 701. "We're undecided whether we value you as a customer".

Applied Friday, 5/29, got the usual 7-10 days we'll send you another denial letter.

Was reading here about someone getting an auto-CLI out of the blue and decided to check my Chase account(s).

Congrats... I really think they are pushing this card it appears now from the recent approvals... need another few GP's to see if this is true....  Like 650 scores lol Smiley Happy... Might be trying to meet a quota of some sort.

Onne of my Chase hits 6 months on the 4th of this month and the other on the 4th of next month.. Hmmms, must resist

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

Thats nice, congrats on the approval Smiley Happy.... I will post my results when the time comes Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 13
zerbherb
Established Contributor

is that a visa siggy? because if its not i'm well more then qualified for it.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 4 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

5k SL min so yes a sig.

Message 5 of 13
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Siggy? I believe yes

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 6 of 13
zerbherb
Established Contributor

well that sucks.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 7 of 13
Pitt570
New Contributor

Congrats!!!...Yes 5k is the siggy

PSECU $20k | Navy cash rewards $22K | Navchek $15k | BBVA NBA 4.5K | Discover it $1.5K I Chase CSP $12.5K | Cabelas Visa $1K | Chase Slate $3.5k | Lowes $20k || Paypal SC $2K Home depot $8K |Chase united mileage plus explorer 17K | PenFed Promise 12.5K | PenFedPlatinum 20K | Navy Go rewards $4.5K
Message 8 of 13
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 9 of 13
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Congrats! Yeah, Chase likes to be more giving on the cards they market more or have the AFs behind them. It's a trend I've noticed over and over again.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.