Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase United

Applied for Freedom a week ago. Instantly approved. Applied for untied (co branded) so the time in between should be ok for applying. From what I read. Got the dreaded pending message. Called backdoor next day and was told I have to call fraud operations on Monday. They already pulled EX when I applied for united over weekend. Freedom pulled TU. Was told to submit copy of license and utility bill if addresses don't match. I asked if I could answer security questions because I already have an account. Was told I have to send in the documents and then the app will be reviewed. Really bummed. Should I waist my time doing this or am I going to be denied? I've never had to go through this process. I have 3 CC.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase United

I called fraud operations twice. Still won't budge without documentation.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to wait three weeks before my Chase United was approved. I actually had forgotten about it and thought it was declined, then they called one night and needed some verification. I was approved for 15k. So don't give up yet.

Message 3 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

congrats
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will send in the documents and keep my fingers crossed.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called again to verify fax #. Denied until they receive verification. Why not just flat out deny me then. So weird. She said they "should" be able to use the same credit pull once they review the documents. *sigh*
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Called again to verify fax #. Denied until they receive verification. Why not just flat out deny me then. So weird. She said they "should" be able to use the same credit pull once they review the documents. *sigh*

Just be patient. It could still happen...

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Applied for Freedom a week ago. Instantly approved. Applied for untied (co branded) so the time in between should be ok for applying. From what I read. Got the dreaded pending message. Called backdoor next day and was told I have to call fraud operations on Monday. They already pulled EX when I applied for united over weekend. Freedom pulled TU. Was told to submit copy of license and utility bill if addresses don't match. I asked if I could answer security questions because I already have an account. Was told I have to send in the documents and then the app will be reviewed. Really bummed. Should I waist my time doing this or am I going to be denied? I've never had to go through this process. I have 3 CC.

I just received my United Explorer Card today...I applied of the card on 12/21, got a letter for address verification just before new years eve, send in the documents 01/06 since I was out of town and I was finally approved on 01/20. So yes it took me just about one whole month to get approved. Card was sent out on 01/27 since they had to create my United Milage Account.

Dont stress too much just send in what need to be sent it and sit tight.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: faxed in documents that I scanned and got a letter saying unreadable. I ended up getting 2 joint accounts with my husband. Care credit and discover. Then I decided why not I'll mail them in, since my app was still pending. Got a letter saying unreadable. I even sent in a copy of something else with the others. So I decided to just let me credit age with the 2 new joint accounts with high limits. Today when I logged in for my freedom account I saw the United account with a $5,000 limit. Fraud operations is no joke but I ended up getting it after all this time of stressing and then forgetting about it. Thanks for all the info!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

And sorry it promoted me to change username when I logged on from the Lowcountry.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.