Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Unlimited Freedom Approval - MUST READ FOR REBUILDERS

tag
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Chase Unlimited Freedom Approval - MUST READ FOR REBUILDERS

Hello my friends, God bless you all first of all and I know it's redundant in all my posts but NONE of this was possible without you all. So much love.

So as a lot of you probably know I started around 580 3 months back and got my EXP 08 to 677, but my other two scores are sub 650. 

Started with Credit One 8 months back, SL $500 and got it to $600.

Merrick Bank then in the mail, started $550 will go to $1100 July 3 per my phone call today. 7 Statements

Capital One QS started at $500 and now at $600! Credit Steps will take it to $750 next month.

JCrew $250 via SCT

Amex Every Day started at $500, just got this last month will go 3X CLI in August

ANNNNND NOW! Notice how all my SLs were $500, I applied for a Chase Freedom Unlimited and they BLEW away all my SLs with an SL of $2500! I'm in shock and so, so happy at the same time. No more applying at ALL and will keep on shooting down collections. Today was significant day in my rebuild, so ecstatic.

I hope this can help others go for this card if they have inquiries in hand and maybe get a way higher SL than their average. 

5/27/17 Experian: 679 Equifax: 628 TransUnion: 630
Cap1 QS:600 Credit One: 600 Merrick Bank: 550 Amex: 500 JCrew: 250
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
padme
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Unlimited Freedom Approval - MUST READ FOR REBUILDERS

now go cancel all those rebuildER cards congrats
Message 2 of 31
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

So drop Credit One AND Merrick? They're my oldest cards and merrick will be my second highest credit limit.
Message 3 of 31
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Also thanks!
Message 4 of 31
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

I can't wait until my past 3yrs of hard work finally show up on a card Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 31
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

If you're paying to use the card then it's not a good card to keep around.

Credit 1 and Merrick are known to charge monthly fees just to have the cards regardless of whether or not you actually use them.

Concentrate on AMEX (will grow exponentially with the 3X CLI method) and the Crap1 (every 6 months) and you'll more than make up for the loss of the other 2 and you won't be paying for nothing each month.  Don't be sentimental about Cr1 and merrick.....ditch them as fast as you can and while you're growing your other cards the pain will fade from them leaving.  Quality over Quantity Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your successes!
Message 7 of 31
padme
Established Contributor

you have a chase and a amex, you don't need the others, pay off and close them asap, try the Capone preq site after having the qs1 for 6 months.
Message 8 of 31
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Brickbybrick wrote:
So drop Credit One AND Merrick? They're my oldest cards and merrick will be my second highest credit limit.

Congrats on getting in with Chase - yup kill Credit One .... your call on Merrick since I don't they are as "evil" as Credit One. 

Message 9 of 31
padme
Established Contributor

btw OP everyone here has been at the crossroads you are now, trust us you'll thank us later, one missed credit one fee will make you lose 40 points
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.