Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase & Amex Breakthough

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase & Amex Breakthough

I have lurked on this forum for almost two years and the advice has been invaluable! I experienced credit setbacks in 2008/2009 and have used the advice here to slowly rebuild. My scores are TU (713 - post-approval); EQX (708 - pre-approval) and EXP (698 - post-approval) and my annual income is $310K.

In recent months, I've been taking advantage of signup bonuses with mostly positive results. Below are the approvals, starting with the most recent:

• Chase Sapphire (App: 1/3/16) - $16K CL: I went to fraud verification on this app. They pulled EQX. Oddly, the Chase pre-approval tool yielded no offers.
    • Chase Freedom (App 1/3/16) - $5.5K CL: I'm hoping they consolidate these EQX inquiries. Went to fraud verificaiton on this app too.
    • Capital One QS, no annual fee (App 1/3/16) - $10K CL: I went through the pre-approval tool, which recommended I consider this and the Venture card. They pulled all 3 credit reports. I have an existing platinum card with a $4.6K CL which they refuse to product change.
    • Discover It Cashback (App 11/21/16) - $1.4K: They pulled TU per my request as I had frozen my EQX for all of 2015. 
    • Amex Platinum (App: 11/20/16) - no preset limit, soft guideline of $12K: I received a $400 credit against the $495 annual fee, so I figured, what the heck. I applied for all of the Amex cards on the same day and Amex pulled EXP. They held the applications due to Amex rules re: account approvals. 
    • Amex Delta (App: 11/15/16) - $1K CL: I didn't argue the low credit line, as I'm hoping to get steady CLIs. 
    • Amex Starwood Preferred Guest (App: 11/20/16) - $1K: See above.
    • Dupage FCU Visa Rewards (App 11/16/15) - $5K CL: They pulled TU. I have an existing platinum card with them with a $15.5K CL.

I also applied (and was declined) for a Fidleity Amex and a US Bank card. Both pulled TU. 

Before this, I had the 2 old credit cards mentioned above and 6 store cards, most of which were opened in the last 2 years. I do not carry a balance. 

I plan to garden for all of 2016 with an eye towards getting CLIs on my Amex and Discover cards. I'm tempted to close a few of the store accounts.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase & Amex Breakthough

nice cards

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very good approvals.. Treat them well and enjoy them.

Message 3 of 14
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Congrats on ALL your approvals ..

question..... Did your CSP app slip through the cracks of the 5/24 rule ? 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

ScoreOrBeScored - For the 5/24 rule, I was helped by the fact that none of my Amex accounts are reporting on Equifax yet.  Only the Discover and Dupage tradelines were reporting at the time of application. 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone!

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

ScoreOrBeScored - For the 5/24 rule, I was helped by the fact that none of my Amex accounts are reporting on Equifax yet.  Only the Discover and Dupage tradelines were reporting at the time of application. 

This- Chase is not consistent with the rule at all...  They need to do away with it.

Message 6 of 14
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Yes they do, because me and a lot more other people are wanting this card. I have to wait til April 2017.

im hoping theyndonaway with it soon. Smh

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow fantastic approvals, congrats on your success !!!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congrats! !!!
Message 9 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.