Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase approvals...with a few new accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase approvals...with a few new accounts

I keep seeing "too many new accounts" as a reason for Chase to decline people.  For what it's worth, I have less than a year's history with them and I just got approved for my 5th card with them.  I've listed a time frame with each approval.  Not sure if this helps, but I hope it does.

Freedom - 7/14

Slate - 12/14

CSP - 2/15

Mariott - 5/15

Ritz - yesterday

Also note that, with the exception of the Arrival +, everyone of my accounts have been opened in the last 11 months.  Yes, I know...I should chill out and embrace the garden.  Tough to do though.  Except for AmEx I haven't gotten turned down... aside from charge cards, they won't give me the time of day.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase approvals...with a few new accounts

Congrats on the new Chase approval! I've gotten three Chase cards in the past year with no problem also.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to hear. I recently got declined for the Marriott rewards but I had 11 new Accra within a year so it was fair game lol

Message 3 of 5
Booboo71
Established Contributor

I think the co-branded cards are not considered in that outcome (decline's) Only Freedom, Slate and CSP.  I have 8 Chase cards within 7 months

Amazon visa

Freedom

Slate

Ritz

Disney

United Explorer

Hyatt

Zappos visa

All Chase cards but I cannot get the Sapphire. Too many accounts opened in the last 2 years. Obviously!!!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen Chase denied co-branded cards as well regarding too many requests.... within the same week, applied and approved for Chase Slate and Chase Hyatt card. then applied for Chase Marriott and was denied. "Too many requests" blah blah blah

another situation was applied for both the Freedom and Sapphire within the same hour, then Slate next and was denied. same reason "too many requests"

I think they have the 2 applications minimum within 30 days like capitalone does.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.