Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto CLI... double dip?

tag
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

Chase auto CLI... double dip?

So my Credit Karma profile updated today and I noticed a CLI on my Chase FU from $4500 to $6500. Chase never alerted me to the change. I logged into Chase and indeed the new CL is correct. Haven't had it 6 months yet. Should I request another CLI immediately or wait for the 6 month mark? Fico scores around 665 currently no baddies. Utilization @ 34%

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase auto CLI... double dip?

Requesting another cli will be a hp. Double dip usually works only with Discover. Congrats on a very generous Chase autoSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Requesting another cli will be a hp. Double dip usually works only with Discover. Congrats on a very generous Chase autoSmiley Happy

Thanks. Yeah, I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Probably won't even ask for a CLI at the 6 month mark now. I'll just consider the auto CLI as this years increase. Maybe save the HP for a new card sometime in mid 2018

Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah thats sounds like a good plan with Chase. I understand its better to app a new card than ask for cli unless you really heavily use that card. That way you can always move limits aroundSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 9
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

@Anonymous my Credit Karma profile updated today and I noticed a CLI on my Chase FU from $4500 to $6500. Chase never alerted me to the change. I logged into Chase and indeed the new CL is correct. Haven't had it 6 months yet. Should I request another CLI immediately or wait for the 6 month mark? Fico scores around 665 currently no baddies. Utilization @ 34%

Congrats. You are now eligible to make the Freedom a siggy

Message 5 of 9
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Very NICE auto CLI, CONGRATS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 6 of 9
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

@Jerry45 wrote:

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

@Anonymous my Credit Karma profile updated today and I noticed a CLI on my Chase FU from $4500 to $6500. Chase never alerted me to the change. I logged into Chase and indeed the new CL is correct. Haven't had it 6 months yet. Should I request another CLI immediately or wait for the 6 month mark? Fico scores around 665 currently no baddies. Utilization @ 34%

What did you mean by siggy?

Message 7 of 9
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 9
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

@Jerry45 wrote:

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

What did you mean by siggy?

They mean the Visa Signature version of the card. Once you reach $5,000 limits on the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited, you can send a secure message to Chase (through your account center) and request an upgrade to the Visa Signature version of the card. However, if your card is not 12 statement cycles old yet, they will tell you no.

Visa Signature comes with a few extra benefits, but nothing earth shattering. The biggest change will be you no longer have a credit limit, but a credit access line with a soft cap. They will allow you to go over your credit access line (at their discretion), but you have to pay off any amount over the line with the next statement. 

Keep in mind that not all Visa Signature cards are created equal. Capital One does not participate in the credit access line feature on their Visa Signature cards, so they have a hard limit. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.