Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom approved!!!

tag
TsuSurf
Contributor

Chase freedom approved!!!

So I'm kinda of in shock.  My credit profile at time of application on12/02 was a $200 Cap1 sec. 06/2012, $300 WF sec. 07/2012, $300 boa sec 07/2012.  I applied and recieved the 7-10 day message.  I didn't bother calling figuring I got denied.  I was going to wait for letter then try recon. 

I log onto Chase website today to check my balance on my checking account  (opened 2010).  To my shock I see another account.  Chase freedom $2500 limitSmiley Surprised.  I was so surpised, I thought if I got approved I would get some low limit like $500.  My longest credit card was Cap1 which hasn't even reported 6th statement yet.  They pulled EQ and EX.  EQ score was 703 no baddies, EX 1 baddie from 08.  Thanks everyone for all your help on here feels good.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Involus
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase freedom approved!!!

Congrats - that's a pretty nice limit for your credit profile.

Message 2 of 22
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@jconvinced wrote:

So I'm kinda of in shock.  My credit profile at time of application on12/02 was a $200 Cap1 sec. 06/2012, $300 WF sec. 07/2012, $300 boa sec 07/2012.  I applied and recieved the 7-10 day message.  I didn't bother calling figuring I got denied.  I was going to wait for letter then try recon. 

I log onto Chase website today to check my balance on my checking account  (opened 2010).  To my shock I see another account.  Chase freedom $2500 limitSmiley Surprised.  I was so surpised, I thought if I got approved I would get some low limit like $500.  My longest credit card was Cap1 which hasn't even reported 6th statement yet.  They pulled EQ and EX.  EQ score was 703 no baddies, EX 1 baddie from 08.  Thanks everyone for all your help on here feels good.

How did you find out who they pulled?  I was instantly approved and got mine a couple weeks ago but they didn't say when I got the card.  

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 22
TsuSurf
Contributor

@crazysxycool wrote:

@jconvinced wrote:

How did you find out who they pulled?  I was instantly approved and got mine a couple weeks ago but they didn't say when I got the card.  

I monitor my credit reports.  On EQ it shows an inquiry as Chase.  On EX it shows an inquiry as First USA which is also Chase.

Message 4 of 22
claeyssen
Established Member

Congrats thats a nice step up!

Starting Score: 637 EQ 646 TU 663 EX
Current Score: 658 EQ 658 TU 663 EX
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 22
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, nice! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 22
TsuSurf
Contributor

Thanks.  I think I'm going to let this Cap 1 age to 1 year mark then close it.  It has done it's job.

Message 7 of 22
john398
Senior Contributor

Congrats, thats awesome

Message 8 of 22
TsuSurf
Contributor

I have a question for chase card holders.  When does your statement usually cut in relation to your due date.  I have a due date of 02/02/2012.  When should my statement cut?

Message 9 of 22
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  So cool.

I did the same and had only 2 BofA Platinum Plus cash rewards at time of application. 1 since 1986 with 5K - 103USD balance, 1 since 05/2011 with 3.5K and 300USD balance. (below scores at time of application) Fico Equifax was 771 and now is 767 after the hard pulls. But CapOne is not yet reporting. Perfectly clean history but only revolving accounts, util 7%, debt to income 0%. Tried my luck with Discover more and application got cancelled in the same way as for Chase Freedom. Both are not willing to give me a reason. So I hit the trigger with app 3 on CapOne Visa cash rewards and got accepted with 5K  1 week later and they even issued me a Sign card. So exited and nothing to lose anymore as Discover is still the card I would do anything to get ..Yesterday I hit the trigger one more time for Amex BCP  and after the intitial review message I got the online approval 15 minutes later. hmmm... And I thought the card I would certainly not get is Amex BCP with a 4th hard pull in 2 months.  Funniest thing is that Discover still keeps sending pre-approvals??!! I know now that these are only good for trash. Chase approval odds changed from very good to fair now so I can see the do not like me. I can live with that. But what truely hurts me is the rejection of Discover more. I will keep trying to get an explanation from Discover  to know what they need to get me approved. I do NOT need a large credit line and would accept anything they can offer to proof my responsability. With CapOne and Amex reporting I might try my luck with Discover More in 1 year. For the moment I am through as the only card now I really would love to get is Discover.  Chase would have been nice but I am perfectly happy with CapOne Visa cash rewards. 

Wonder if it might help Discover to change their mind if they see CapOne and Amex reporting next  year? What do you think?

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.