Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase hard nut to crack - Cracked!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase hard nut to crack - Cracked!!

When I first initially got my chase card it was declined and after 3 recons they gave me a $500 limit due to no credit history this was sometime last year. I used the card a few times for small purchases and they gave me a auto cli to $1k.

I've tried to two other times to get cli since then and always declined. Okay so I stopped using the card and today I said I'm closing the card if they decline me one more time

So I called up the rep gave her info declined again an she said let me transfer you to a ca so we can see why I'm always being declined.

Ca told me due to inq and new accounts but said she didn't agree with the denial due to my superb credit history up to this point and after her seeing I just bought a house in July she put me on hold a couple minutes later came back and said she approved my cli request for $5k sweeet!!!

The good thing about it is that I didn't have to bitch or threaten to cancel lol. This brings my total available credit all together up to $21,300.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
DomoNomo
Contributor

Re: Chase hard nut to crack - Cracked!!

Congrats!!! Persistants pays off.

Message 2 of 17
alvon123
Super Contributor

Great job!!!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work! Glad you stayed the course. Sometimes I do not understand the "game of credit"!
Message 4 of 17
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats! ....nice going Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 17
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats... Awesome CLI

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 6 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 17
dap1984va
New Contributor

is it possbile to know what particular chase card you have?? just curiousSmiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 17
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Congrats that is great!!  I am loving the Chase lately too, they seem to go above and beyond, and I have many different cards with them, so it is not just one card that the customer service is great on. Enjoy your CLI just in time for the Holidays!!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.