cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase loves me

tag
mrfgcu

Chase loves me

I applied for the Chase Sapphire preferred and was approved. I also have a freedom and slate card. I just dont understand why chase approves me for anything I want and amex wont even approve me for a charge card. But this was my dream card and it made my day to be instantly approved for it. I couldnt have done it without the knowledge i got from this forum.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase loves me

Congrats yes they must luv you 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@mrfgcu wrote:

I applied for the Chase Sapphire preferred and was approved. I also have a freedom and slate card. I just dont understand why chase approves me for anything I want and amex wont even approve me for a charge card. But this was my dream card and it made my day to be instantly approved for it. I couldnt have done it without the knowledge i got from this forum.

Congrats!

And who knows?   Lenders are strange animals.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 14
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Chase loves me too! I reccomend them to anyone! I have banked with BOA sense 2007 and they wont even unsecure my secured card after 12 months and chase has given me $8200 of credit lines! Amex prob doesnt like me either I applied for a charge card once with them and they denied me. I havent tried sense

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 4 of 14
alinoapa
Regular Contributor

WTG....congrats 

Message 5 of 14
Sunshinebiz
New Contributor

Congrats! What was your score at the time if you don't mind us asking?

Gardening spree went on hiatus but I think it paid off. Now back at it!
Building slowly but surely. Thank you to all members of this community for all the invaluable advice.
Latest that I know of: EX- 671, EQ- 653 TU- 648
Amex Green, Barclay Rewards MC, Cap1 Platinum, Cap1 Quicksilver, Credit One(closed!), WalMart, Amazon, DCU Platinum Visa, Jared Credit, Cap1 Spark business cash back, AMEX corporate Gold, Alliant CU Plat Visa, Suncoast FCU Plat Rewards Visa

Goals by end of January: Amex TE Costco, Amex BCE
Can it be done? It wasn't done by end of Jan, but it's still coming
Message 6 of 14
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

You're probably on Amex's **bleep**list like me. It's all good, don't worry too much.

Message 7 of 14
mrfgcu

They weren't very great since I had a recent app spree I think around 690-700. I was just hoping my solid history with chase would help me and I'm sure it did.
Message 8 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@mrfgcu wrote:

Very nice, grats on your CSP Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
tjeff
Valued Member

I too just applied for my first chase card (after receiving pre-approvals in the mail) and I was approved for the slate. After my approval with chase, I contacted Amex (current card holder) and requested a CLI. It was denied. I then waited about 3-4 days for some things to update on my credit report and then I applied for Amex everyday and I was DENIED : (

I hope to build a great relaionship with Chase and hopefully apply for the freedom card as well. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.