Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase/maxxed card/new card approval

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase/maxxed card/new card approval

Agree with LS, ryanbush and enharu. Since you aren't in a hurry definitely get that util down. I know how much you want a decent CL! Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Agree with LS, ryanbush and enharu. Since you aren't in a hurry definitely get that util down. I know how much you want a decent CL! Smiley Wink

+1. Your util is too high and even if you get approved somehow, it will affect your starting CL.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 17
toppers555
Established Contributor

I would wait for utilization . Also do you still on planning to reduce you GE credit limits?

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 13 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Before the ERT gets called or any of the usual ba**busters start on their mission; Lol
Be forewarned- I am in no hurry to app.

Just a question:
Would Chase approve me for a CSP if I have a near maxxed out $5k Freedom?

My Freedom is maxxed just bc it's in the 0% period; it won't end til Nov. Ive been paying 5-10% of the bal on avg each month. I will PIF before the interest begins accruing so if I decide, I could wait until that util is <30%, nbd.

STATS:
Fico: 680-720 across the board +/- 20 pts.
Aaoa: 3+ years
Util: 10%

I also have a Slate and a Platinum, which had 700 & 3200 cls- they are closed and pif, and are from 07-08.
Oh and I've tried that "pre-approval" thing on the site. It never works lol

As others have pointed out I think IMHO pay your balances down and you'll be good to go.

I also have never had any luck with Chase pre-approval site don't know why everybody's else works....hummmm

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Buckeye- great experience info!!! I will def remember that!!
What I might do is maybe pay off my Freedom and xfer the whole limit to a CSP if auto denied.
I'd be sure to app and recon to ensure receipt of bonus lol!
My $24,500 BCE Amex limit has reported, but my new $5500 Delta Gold hasn't.
I'm just considering this as a pif card that would give me tons of bonus points, plus I do all of my checking banking(not savings; Chase pays horrible savings aprs) Ive been banking w Chase for four+ years. It'd be nice to have for occassional travel, and I eat out frequently.
Also, remember folks that my Freedom is my only nearly maxxed out card. Since Citi closed my Diamond account, which was my only other nearly maxxed out card, I've paid down that balance. I can have my Freedom balance reduced from $4700-2000 by September.
My overall util is still way below 15%- prob more like 9-10% at this point; that number will be reduced even further once that Freedom card gets paid down.
And I havent quite decided which GE accts to close/which limits to cut. I need to make a post with a list to get some input :-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 17
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Buckeye- great experience info!!! I will def remember that!!
What I might do is maybe pay off my Freedom and xfer the whole limit to a CSP if auto denied.
I'd be sure to app and recon to ensure receipt of bonus lol!
My $24,500 BCE Amex limit has reported, but my new $5500 Delta Gold hasn't.
I'm just considering this as a pif card that would give me tons of bonus points, plus I do all of my checking banking(not savings; Chase pays horrible savings aprs) Ive been banking w Chase for four+ years. It'd be nice to have for occassional travel, and I eat out frequently.
Also, remember folks that my Freedom is my only nearly maxxed out card. Since Citi closed my Diamond account, which was my only other nearly maxxed out card, I've paid down that balance. I can have my Freedom balance reduced from $4700-2000 by September.
My overall util is still way below 15%- prob more like 9-10% at this point; that number will be reduced even further once that Freedom card gets paid down.
And I havent quite decided which GE accts to close/which limits to cut. I need to make a post with a list to get some input :-/

Doing some quick math based on your signature... 15% UTIL for you is approx $25,000.  With $25,000 outstanding, do you think a new Chase card is the best decision?  I'm not trying to be rude, but where's the line with credit cards?

Message 16 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I said my util "is way below 15%"
Officially, it's 10%, but some of the balances I have paid have not reported.
I DO NOT have 25k in cc debt. Jeez, don't mean to be rude, but please pay attn to context clues.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.