Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase must love me

tag
mmark4848
Established Member

Chase must love me

After finishing a divorce a little over a year ago, my credit was in the crapper and I didn't have a single credit card. I started with a CapOne secured card.  Surprisingly, I got a pre-approved offer from Chase and was approved for $5,000 for a Slate card last February. I ditched the secured card and did a PC to Freedom Unlimited on the Slate. Later I got an Amex card and a Citi Double Cash with just $1,000 limits and no increases despite regular requests. At the end of the year, I opened a Chase checking account in the hope it might help with approval for other Chase cards and specifically a CSP because I'm planning some trips. Yesterday, I opened my Chase account online and saw the green button on "your offers." It showed my approved for a CSR, Slate, and Freedom. After checking to be sure it was pre-approved and wouldn't hang up on the 5/24 rule, I applies for the CSP. The response came back showing me approved for a $5,000 CL but on Slate. I'm stil not sure if I accidentally hit the Slate app and was happy for more credit but disappointed it wasn't the CSP card. I called customer service hoping to PC to Sapphire but no dice. They suggested applying for the CSP. At first, hitting the app button gave me a thanks for your submission response but wouldn't let me apply. Then the app re-appeared and I hit the button.  Approved for CSR at $12,000.  Stunned and very happy!  I doubled my available credit in about 15 minutes. My only dilemma now is whether to cancel the Slate. My gut tells me to hold onto it in case I have a charge I want to pay off over time.  I guess opening that Chase checking account paid off, both for the $300 bonus and for getting more Chase credit.

EDIT:  And the Chase site is still showing me approved for the Freedom card with the $150 bonus, but I don't want to be glutton and my AAoA is already pretty pathetic.

1/12/16 EQ535 TU493 EX583
Current EQ711 TU704 EX696
Chase Sapphire Preferred- $12,000; Chase Freedom Unlimited - $5,000; Chase Slate - $12,000; AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $3,000; Citi Double Cash - $3,600; CapOne Quicksilver - $3,200; BofA Cash Rewards - $15,000; BofA Platinum - $10,000; J. Crew - $8,500

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase must love me

Woah! Congrats!!
NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

And on the 7th day they pronounced you"CHASEable" Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new cards. Did you call Chase to see if they will expedite your CSP?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job. Congrats on your approvals and 300 bonuses!!

Message 5 of 10
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@mmark4848 wrote:

After finishing a divorce a little over a year ago, my credit was in the crapper and I didn't have a single credit card. I started with a CapOne secured card.  Surprisingly, I got a pre-approved offer from Chase and was approved for $5,000 for a Slate card last February. I ditched the secured card and did a PC to Freedom Unlimited on the Slate. Later I got an Amex card and a Citi Double Cash with just $1,000 limits and no increases despite regular requests. At the end of the year, I opened a Chase checking account in the hope it might help with approval for other Chase cards and specifically a CSP because I'm planning some trips. Yesterday, I opened my Chase account online and saw the green button on "your offers." It showed my approved for a CSR, Slate, and Freedom. After checking to be sure it was pre-approved and wouldn't hang up on the 5/24 rule, I applies for the CSP. The response came back showing me approved for a $5,000 CL but on Slate. I'm stil not sure if I accidentally hit the Slate app and was happy for more credit but disappointed it wasn't the CSP card. I called customer service hoping to PC to Sapphire but no dice. They suggested applying for the CSP. At first, hitting the app button gave me a thanks for your submission response but wouldn't let me apply. Then the app re-appeared and I hit the button.  Approved for CSR at $12,000.  Stunned and very happy!  I doubled my available credit in about 15 minutes. My only dilemma now is whether to cancel the Slate. My gut tells me to hold onto it in case I have a charge I want to pay off over time.  I guess opening that Chase checking account paid off, both for the $300 bonus and for getting more Chase credit.

EDIT:  And the Chase site is still showing me approved for the Freedom card with the $150 bonus, but I don't want to be glutton and my AAoA is already pretty pathetic.

Don't cancel the slate. You can reallocate the limit to another card. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay that's awesome. Can't wait until Chase shows me more love someday. My Freedom is stuck at $1,500 CL since 2015.

Message 7 of 10
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay that's awesome. Can't wait until Chase shows me more love someday. My Freedom is stuck at $1,500 CL since 2015.

Chase isn't really known for auto-CLI's. Usually people app another card they want, then move credit limits around. You can also request a hard pull CLI through a secure message. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase isn't really known for auto-CLI's. Usually people app another card they want, then move credit limits around. You can also request a hard pull CLI through a secure message. 

That's what I hear. I'm gonna have to wait for a hp CLI later this year when some of my inquiries drop off. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I would keep the Slate and go into the garden to let your accounts age a bit.  Your doing very well.  

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.