Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase sapphire preferred approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase sapphire preferred approved

Hey just wanted to share my data for anyone interested. I applied for the preferred card on Friday and was kind 50/50 on whether I would get approved or not. I didn't really need the card but it was a card I had my eye on and the sign up bonus would greatly help with an upcoming trip. My credit score was previously around 720 but I had some recent emergency spending which put me around 50% utilization and it dropped to 650. I usually keep my cards paid off and never have I had any late payments. I have one old medical collections for 1.3k grand from around 5 years ago. I had 4 cc with my highest being 2.5 k and that one is a chase freedom. My oldest cc is 5 years and my average is 2 years. I'm not sure if having the chase freedom helped but on that following Monday I called the automated line and found out I was approved. Checked my chase account online and saw it was a 5k line. Like I said I wasn't really sure I was gonna get it due to my utilization and also my score but either having the freedom cc or my average credit life some how pushed me over the line to being approved. Hope this data helps anyone who is researching to see if they can be approved too. GL to everyone.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase sapphire preferred approved

Congrats!  CSP has to be minimum $5k and since you didn't have any other high limit cards it's fantastic to have that now as a prybar to get other high limit cards in the future!

Question -- did you cold app or did you use a prequalification page or offers page?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked on chase website to see if I was pre-qualified but I wasn't. Didn't have any offers either. I kinda just went for it and got lucky.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey congrats Smiley Happy Cat Very Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I just applied and got approved too. It's my first Chase card so I'm happy to be in the family. :-)

Message 6 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well done, 5k to save the daySmiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.