Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase waiting game per Irish80 **UPDATE**

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase waiting game per Irish80

This is one of those situations that could go either way, whether you call in or not. I will say this, Irish80 didwhat a lot of people will say is best, and that is to wait it out. Personally I could go either way as I am not apping for any more cards for a while and not really sure if I could wait it out. I also don't mind being asked a bunch of questions. It does seem that lately with Chase, if yo are patient with it, it has been turning out good for the applicant. Hope you get approved.

Message 11 of 22
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@creditFiend wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Hold out and wait unless you want to be grilled and declined by speaking with lending if you opened alot of recent accounts.  Just my advise to you is all.  

Thanks for confirming.  They will definitely grill me.  I've had way too many apps in the past year.  So I'll just wait it out whether denied or approved.

This has me wondering, how long exactly has one waiting on an app decision with Chase other than Irish80.  He stated his wait was 23 days.  

Anyone here have waited longer?(regardless of approval or denial)   Show yourselves!Robot Happy

OP, it appears you're overthinking and rationalizing this whole waiting process.  As per Irish's thread and advice (and many others), don't call (just the automated system).  My Chase AARP application took a little bit longer than Irish's Hyatt app, and this was last year.  So, just occupy yourself with something in the interim so that your fingertips and willpower is not weakened again and try calling.  Just my .02c

Both my Disney and AARP took almost 30 days as well to get approved,DON"T CALL LOL

Message 12 of 22
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've personally had nothing but good experiences with their personal card lending team. It's the business cards that grill people.

Maybe that's changed with the spread of the 5/24 standard.

For me the business side of chase has been a lot easier to get approved,I've been in business a long time maybe that helps

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took three weeks before my approval. I thought I was denied because it took so long, then one night a phone call and a 15k United Explorer approval. Good advice here. Just wait...

Message 14 of 22
Justine_Alpha
Valued Member

Just apped chase Amazon with 800+ credit / no bads/ have an account with Chase already/ no inquiries for like 2years and got the 2week/30day thingy. I'm not too worried.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the Chase backdoor with a Chase CO onfile with them from 2007 and I got approved. Calling is what saved my app I think. (Identity theft when I was younger and never dealt ith it! It fell off after 7 years...Young and stupid!)

Message 16 of 22
creditFiend
Established Contributor

APPROVED!

Just $5,000 but I figured that would be the case being I have app'd so much. 

I was SM'ing back & forth with Chase today to PC to FU.  They never stated it was a signature, so I had to SM back to confirm as my current Freedom is a VS.  After receiving the final SM today from them to confirm the FU will definitely be a signature, I noticed a fourth account.  I was like WHOA baby!

Thanks Irish80 & all the other posters who suggested I wait.  I know if I would've called they would have grilled me to crisp.  LOL

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!.  Glad that you didn't have to wait too long.

Message 18 of 22
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase waiting game per Irish80 **UPDATE**

My Marriott to 30 days and others have been anywhere from 2-15
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 19 of 22
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Chase waiting game per Irish80 **UPDATE**

Congrats on the card!!! 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.