Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase waiting game per Irish80 **UPDATE**

tag
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Chase waiting game per Irish80 **UPDATE**

Hi Fico family!

I applied for the Chase Hyatt on February 21st.  As others have noted, I first received the review message, followed by the 30 day email.  After waiting a day, I called the automated line, & was told two weeks.  I'm like 'ok, approval maybe?'  So "I wait" "I wait" & "I wait"  *my Tom Hanks voice, in the movie 'The Terminal'  lol

March 2nd, I get impatient.  I'm remembering, CSP & Freedom were instant.  Chase Ritz app'd last October went to review, 2-week message, then approved 3-days later.

I'm thinking, "maybe it's verification?"  So I call verification!  I answer a few questions, birthday, address, etc.;  then she goes, 'I need to transfer you to lending it's being reviewed'.  I go "ok", when she places me on hold, I hang up.

A day or so later, Irish80 post an approval thread for the Hyatt!  Explaining his long wait, & to not call.  I'm thinking, right, but I couldn't wait!  Dang it!

Ever since, I've called the automated line ONCE a day, same thing 2-weeks message, nothing in my online account yet.  Hopefully I'm good.  Who knows.

I do need a bit of a pep talk, as I feel I jumped the gun by calling, although I haven't spoke to lending directly.  What do you guys think?

I'll update this thread when I hear something.

Irish80's post below

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chase-Hyatt/td-p/4483379

**UPDATE**  Approved for $5,000.  I figured this would be the case, IF approved.  I have app'd WAY TOO MUCH in the past 12 months.  Time for me to slow my roll...

Big thanks to Irish80 and all that suggested I wait.Cat Very Happy    PLATINUM status baby!!HyattApproval.PNG

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase waiting game per Irish80

I've personally had nothing but good experiences with their personal card lending team. It's the business cards that grill people.

Maybe that's changed with the spread of the 5/24 standard.
Message 2 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Hold out and wait unless you want to be grilled and declined by speaking with lending if you opened alot of recent accounts.  Just my advise to you is all.  

Message 3 of 22
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've personally had nothing but good experiences with their personal card lending team. It's the business cards that grill people.

Maybe that's changed with the spread of the 5/24 standard.

Right.  But I've had several new accounts in the past year.  This is officially my last app until....  2018 maybe

Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
Message 4 of 22
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Hold out and wait unless you want to be grilled and declined by speaking with lending if you opened alot of recent accounts.  Just my advise to you is all.  

Thanks for confirming.  They will definitely grill me.  I've had way too many apps in the past year.  So I'll just wait it out whether denied or approved.

This has me wondering, how long exactly has one waiting on an app decision with Chase other than Irish80.  He stated his wait was 23 days.  

Anyone here have waited longer?(regardless of approval or denial)   Show yourselves!Robot Happy

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll be fine.  Chase is just overwhelmed with applications right now and it's taking them time to review them.  I'm confident that you'll be approved.  Just don't call again Smiley Tongue

I've seen people post on FlyerTalk that their approvals have taken up to 30 days.  It's hard but be patient.  I called the status line everyday as well because I don't have patience but resisted calling lending.

Message 6 of 22
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You'll be fine.  Chase is just overwhelmed with applications right now and it's taking them time to review them.  I'm confident that you'll be approved.  Just don't call again :smileytongue:

I've seen people post on FlyerTalk that their approvals have taken up to 30 days.  It's hard but be patient.  I called the status line everyday as well because I don't have patience but resisted calling lending.

Thanks for your insight.  I'll continue to wait, & will not call againCat Happy

I'm thinking mine will be a 30-day-er  lol

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Listen to the wise advice given and wait the 30 days. Do not call unless you call the automated line.

Message 8 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@creditFiend wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Thanks for confirming.  They will definitely grill me.  I've had way too many apps in the past year.  So I'll just wait it out whether denied or approved.

This has me wondering, how long exactly has one waiting on an app decision with Chase other than Irish80.  He stated his wait was 23 days.  

Anyone here have waited longer?(regardless of approval or denial)   Show yourselves!Robot Happy

OP, it appears you're overthinking and rationalizing this whole waiting process.  As per Irish's thread and advice (and many others), don't call (just the automated system).  My Chase AARP application took a little bit longer than Irish's Hyatt app, and this was last year.  So, just occupy yourself with something in the interim so that your fingertips and willpower is not weakened again and try calling.  Just my .02c

Message 9 of 22
ddemari
Super Contributor

Agree with everyone. Just let it ride. All my Chase apps resulted in pending message and two weeks on the phone line. Some approvals took 10 days and some nearly 20 days
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.