Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron/Texaco - Automated CLI Increase

tag
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Chevron/Texaco - Automated CLI Increase

I'm excited....I opened this card 2-3 months ago and I actually wrote in my planner to request an increase on the 20th of this month.  However, I received the statement in the mail today and noticed they had given me an increase.  I started with $650....I'm at $1,000.

I like this card because it can be used at both Chevron and Texaco.  It does come with cash advance (but I won't use it).  I have used it to order flowers via FTD and I recently signed up for the Chevron Travel Club (benefits outweigh AAA). Oh and they have this online store called Dollar Direct (I haven't purchased anything) but it's nice to click on the Special Offers tab on my credit cards to view all the perks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chevron/Texaco - Automated CLI Increase

Great! Is your card a store card or a visa? I have had the Chevron/Texaco card for about 3 years. Tonight I apped for the C/T Visa and got instantly approved.

Message 2 of 11
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great! Is your card a store card or a visa? I have had the Chevron/Texaco card for about 3 years. Tonight I apped for the C/T Visa and got instantly approved.

I have the store card.  You had to do another app for the Visa version?  What is your limit, if you don't mind sharing.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeadlyPersona wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the store card.  You had to do another app for the Visa version?  What is your limit, if you don't mind sharing.

Frankly, my store card grew at a snail's pace from $500 to $1050. I don't know my limit on the Visa yet, as the approval message didn't tell me. I don't get antsy about these things, so I will just wait for the card to arrive. If I can remember this thread, I will come back and let you know. My typical latest SCL's from Sychrony issued cards is around $2k. Yes, it was a new app.

Message 4 of 11
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

It's interesting that you had to apply again for the Visa version.....but at least I know so that if and when I decide to get the Visa version, I'll know and was it a hard pull?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

the visa version is a hard pull....if you apply for the visa and are denied you automatically get the regular store version. I had the regular card first the applied again for the visa version after 6 months....they want a fico above 700 is what I have seen.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have the chevron/Texaco gas card Since august 2016 starting $500 limit. I received auto cli to $750 at 3 months. I'm sure it will increase for good usage. I only use for gas and pay it off immediately. No cash advance or other purchases.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a Chevron/Texaco store card two months ago with a $650 limit. I set up my online account and opted for online statements. When my second statement came, I noticed a little button for requesting credit limit increases, so I used it to apply. I got the credit limit I asked for, $1,500 with no issues.

Message 8 of 11
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

I got established about 4 years ago with Synchrony. Initially my scores were low 600s. I got a 2k SL with Lowe's, 2k with Wal-Mart, 2k with PayPal and 2k with PayPal. I ran about $100 on each card for about a year, on average. After a year, scores on TU (that's what they pull here in CA) were a hair over 700. I got soft pull increases. Final limits were Lowe's- $17k, Chevron - $10k, Wal-Mart- $6k, PayPal - $10k. Use the cards and take advantage of 0% offers. I don't believe I've ever paid interest with them.

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I have this card as well but I haven't even used it yet. I have one with Exxon and Shell as well. I tend to use them more because those stations are closer for me.

I might start using the Chevron/Texaco card though if they are increasing limits before 6 months.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.