Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi 6 Month CLI

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Re: Citi 6 Month CLI

Interesting note above... So the liv button isn't a soft pull??
Message 21 of 36
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Mixed messages... According to Citi customer service, it's a soft! I wonder about Chase too
Message 22 of 36
DarkScythe
Valued Member

Chase's policy is that every single customer-request CLI is a hard pull, regardless of success or failure.

And as for Citi, I don't know. I won't get the denial letter for another week or so, but they said they referenced information from my Equifax credit report in determining my denial. I should have taken a screenshot, I think.. bleh.

Message 23 of 36
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

We're you at 6 months?
Message 24 of 36
DarkScythe
Valued Member

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:
We're you at 6 months?

Yup. More like 9-10 months, actually.

I applied late January/early February for my Citi Dividend.

Message 25 of 36
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@DarkScythe wrote:

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:
We're you at 6 months?

Yup. More like 9-10 months, actually.

I applied late January/early February for my Citi Dividend.

There seems to be conflicting things from Citi...I asked them today about the website pull, and the guy told me that they don't know if its a soft inquiry or a hard inquiry untl its submitted.  If they give you a "preapproved amount" then its a soft, but if you get the "we'll let you know in 30 minutes" it will be hard, and I'm assuming a denial as well.  So now i'm nervous about the love button.  I read somewhere else that some people received an email saying they were eligible, and others said they saw it pop on their main account page.  I don't know how true that is, but i'm a little weary.  I might just avoid the whole thing and wait and see if an auto CLI ever happens...I don't want to ask for a certain amount taht isn't preapproved, and then have to have a hard inquiry for nothing.

Message 26 of 36
ssp
Valued Member

I called for an increase of 5k  at 6 mos and got it. I had the csr on the phone as she reviewed all of my citi accounts. I have 3 cc's with them as well as Home Depot and a very useless Sears card. They also upgraded my secured card to non secure and increased the cl on it too! She said that I can request a cl increase every 6 mos. Soft Pulls for me. My intial cl on the 5 k increase was 10.9k. I reallly like Citi!

TU 792 EQ 782
*In The Garden*

Message 27 of 36
babymixer
Regular Contributor

So many conflicting messages...  Smiley Indifferent 

cc's copy
Message 28 of 36
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@babymixer wrote:

So many conflicting messages...  Smiley Indifferent 

Yeah I know...its hard to know whats right!  I'm curious if people actually received a notification of ANY kind at the 6 month mark to say that they are eligbile for CLI

Message 29 of 36
Xtina0508
Contributor

My 6th statement cuts tomorrow. I can let everyone know if I receive anything stating that I'm eligible and what the CSR tells me when I call in. I'd much rather confirm over the phone that it's a SP, than hit the "luv" buttom and get HP'd.

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday ($16,500) Capital One Quicksilver ($5000) : US Bank Platinum ($9000) : Kohls ($1500) : Dell Preferred ($2500) : Chase Freedom ($3500) : Citi Simplicity ($5500) : Victoria Secret Angel Card ($1950) : Express Store Card ($1700)

6/2013 Equifax Fico - 723 : Goal - 800+
3/2014 Transunion Fico - 723 : Goal - 800+
3/2014 Equifax Fico - 737 : Goal - 800+

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.