Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi 6 Month CLI

tag
babymixer
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi 6 Month CLI

I didn't and the love button didn't appear on the main page either.   I'm patiently waiting for my next report to update before requesting a CLI.  I'll let you guys know what happens...

cc's copy
Message 31 of 36
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@Xtina0508 wrote:

My 6th statement cuts tomorrow. I can let everyone know if I receive anything stating that I'm eligible and what the CSR tells me when I call in. I'd much rather confirm over the phone that it's a SP, than hit the "luv" buttom and get HP'd.

Thanks guys...definitley post what you find out...i'll be curious to know what happens!

Message 32 of 36
Xtina0508
Contributor

Finally had a chance to call. The rep confirmed that it would be a soft pull and asked me income and housing expense questions. She then asked me how much of an increase I would like. I asked for $3600. She came back and congratulated me on my increase TO $3600 (increase of $1800). She didn't understand that I was asking for an increase of $3600, not for my limit to be that. She said they would have to hard pull in order to increase by that much, so, I declined. She said to try again in 6 months for another increase. Thanks Citi!

... Update: just logged on to my online account it states that my credit limit is $3k. WTH? Errrr.

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday ($16,500) Capital One Quicksilver ($5000) : US Bank Platinum ($9000) : Kohls ($1500) : Dell Preferred ($2500) : Chase Freedom ($3500) : Citi Simplicity ($5500) : Victoria Secret Angel Card ($1950) : Express Store Card ($1700)

6/2013 Equifax Fico - 723 : Goal - 800+
3/2014 Transunion Fico - 723 : Goal - 800+
3/2014 Equifax Fico - 737 : Goal - 800+

Message 33 of 36
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@Xtina0508 wrote:

Finally had a chance to call. The rep confirmed that it would be a soft pull and asked me income and housing expense questions. She then asked me how much of an increase I would like. I asked for $3600. She came back and congratulated me on my increase TO $3600 (increase of $1800). She didn't understand that I was asking for an increase of $3600, not for my limit to be that. She said they would have to hard pull in order to increase by that much, so, I declined. She said to try again in 6 months for another increase. Thanks Citi!

... Update: just logged on to my online account it states that my credit limit is $3k. WTH? Errrr.

Congrats, though hopefully they work out the error and give you the other $600.  So you opted to call rather than try online?  I'm thinking that that might be the right thing to do.  Did they say anything to you about having the card for 6 months?

Message 34 of 36
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Congrats!!! Hopefully they fix the error.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 35 of 36
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

So I was reading something about the holiday season and credit cards talking about decreasing limits... Any chance Citi would respond with a decrease after my 6 month CLI request? I make good payments with them (and other CCs as well). Aye, so much to think about. After reading horror stories about Chase, I'm not asking for a CLI from them for at least a year. I'm hoping Citi is more optimistic though.
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.