Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Gold-Why did I login today and see the approvals

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Citi AA Gold-Why did I login today and see the approvals

7,000 CL approval. Applied online as I sit here in the AA club.  I was scrolling through the forums on my phone and saw all these American Airlines Approvals.  I recieved a red time out screen " A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Be assured that we have received it and there is no need to resubmit. We will contact you at the mailing address you provided as soon as it is processed. Thank you!". Then I got an email "Thank you for applying for a Citi credit card. Your application for the Citi® / AAdvantage® Gold was received on 03/07/2016.We are currently processing your application and will be in touch within 1 week. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you". I clicked on the link in the email to review my app status and it stated for me to call in. I verified my address and then 2 minutes later, approved for 7k!  Im done for the rest of my life!  Citi always hated me.............now i am forgiven.  The gods have spoken......cheers! 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi AA Gold-Why did I login today and see the approvals

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 16
texasman07
Established Contributor

Addicted !!! Send me to rehab
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your AA dvantage approval and welcome to the club, it's a good card to have. I fly American all of the time and have never regreted getting it. Also, congrats on getting in with Citi. I remember when I finally was let back in with them. When I turned 18 I thought I was hot **bleep** getting approved for 9 credit cards within the first month of turning 18. Two of those cards were Citi and by the time I was 20, all of those cards went into collections. I never paid them off and just let everything go past the statue of limitations. I was very surprised when they let me back in.

Message 4 of 16
texasman07
Established Contributor

Thanks *james*. I travel American every week. I have the Barclays AA card too but just downgraded to the no AF version. I had a citi secured for 3 years and they unsecured but never did a CLI. I closed it. Now here we are 7k later
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasman07 wrote:
Thanks *james*. I travel American every week. I have the Barclays AA card too but just downgraded to the no AF version. I had a citi secured for 3 years and they unsecured but never did a CLI. I closed it. Now here we are 7k later

Texasman07, congrats on your success. Keep it up. I am guessing from your screen name you are from Texas. What part? I live  in the DFW area.

Message 6 of 16
texasman07
Established Contributor

Live in DC now. College at UTSA, then moved to DFW , then Austin , left in 2012
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheers!

Message 8 of 16
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 9 of 16
texasman07
Established Contributor

Pulled FICO Experian. Score today is 688 with 16 inquiries
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.