cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage Approved. Alaska Visa Sig. APPROVED!

tag
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

Citi AAdvantage Approved. Alaska Visa Sig. APPROVED!

I decided to go for it and apply for the Citi Aadvantage Platinum Level Signature Visa card, and I was approved for a $4,000 limit! I tried the two browser method to get two visa's at the same time, but one of them told me that the application had been received and they would let me know of their decision.

I also applied for the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Signature and was given the 30 days message, so it's wait and see with that app. Smiley Sad

Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Approved $5,000 limit on reconsideration line!!

My AAoA is still pretty down from my previous app's (Nov. '12, July '12). However, with all these cards it will keep going up, and I'm still getting approved despite the lower AAoA!

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage Approved. Alaska Visa Sig. on hold...

@DesertLife wrote:

I decided to go for it and apply for the Citi Aadvantage Platinum Level Signature Visa card, and I was approved for a $4,000 limit! I tried the two browser method to get two visa's at the same time, but one of them told me that the application had been received and they would let me know of their decision.

I also applied for the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Signature and was given the 30 days message, so it's wait and see with that app. Smiley Sad

My AAoA is still pretty down from my previous app's (Nov. '12, July '12). However, with all these cards it will keep going up, and I'm still getting approved despite the lower AAoA!

Congrats on the approval and lets hope you will get the second card

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 2 of 17
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

I was approved for the first one and denied for the second because I had applied for two products at the same time. At least it was only 1 pull. I knew I should have gone for the AMEX 2nd and not the visa. Oh well. Also denied for the BoA Alaska Airlines Visa Signature (not even given bait and switch to lesser product).

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 3 of 17
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thats excellent! But dont you need a CL of $5k in order for it to be a SIGGY?? 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 17
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

I have read that on online forums, however there was no indication in my approval that would have indicated I was approved for something other than a Visa Signature card. Maybe they approved me for their non-signature card... I guess I'll wait and see when I get it in the mail.

Message 5 of 17
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

^yep, keep us updated when it arrives Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 17
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1 and Congrats
Message 7 of 17
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Thats excellent! But dont you need a CL of $5k in order for it to be a SIGGY?? 

Nope! Visa sig. approved for $4,000 limit with Citi! Smiley Happy

I called their reconsideration line to ask for a CLI to $5,000 but the representative informed me that it was in fact a visa sig. I had been approved for!

Message 8 of 17
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Does a Visa Signature card from BoA report the CL now?

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 9 of 17
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

Does a Visa Signature card from BoA report the CL now?

LOL! Da**!!!! I forgot that this could negatively impact my credit score b/c of the way they don't report the CL!!!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.