Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Approval - $18K CL

tag
Active1181
Valued Member

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Approval - $18K CL

I haven't applied for a new card in about two years, went on a spree right after I closed escrow on a house in 2014 and was approved for 2 AMEX's ($7k total CL) and Barclay's ($1K). Was also approved on CLI for two Capital One cards ($9K total CL). Barclay sent me a letter they were closing my account due to inactivity (I never activated the card).

I'm up late, I travel a lot for work and one of the things I was never able to do a few years back was get approved from Chase (United Millage Plus) or Citi on their AAdvantage card. I just decided to apply with Citi and was approved for $18K CL. They used EQ to decide, gave me a score of 747 (higher than current FICO).

Super stoked, that really helps my utilization which was hovering at 30% and give me a nice card with my highest CL ever. Only 30K miles after spending $3K first 3 months, wanted to apply for the World with 60K miles but has AF of $495. This one has AF of $95 but is waived the first year which is a plus Smiley Happy

---------------------------------------
5/16 TU 735 EX 699 EQ 735

9/14 TU 722 EX 695 EQ 699
2/09 TU 533 EX 515 EQ 554
7 REPLIES 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Approval - $18K CL

Congratulations on this new Citi AA approval!

Message 2 of 8
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 3 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I use mine heavily. 

Message 5 of 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on that AAdvantage Platinum!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 8
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

Sweet approval and SL!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.