cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select approval!

tag
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select approval!

For what it's worth, here are some more data points for Citi's AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard.

I've been rebuilding for the past few years, starting with a US Bank secured card, and later store cards and CapOne. Last year, I finally got in with Barclay (Apple Rewards), and this year, things have really taken off with a second Barclay card (Miles and More) and 1 charge and 1 revolver with American Express.

I've been checking Citi's prequal tool for some time, but nothing comes up. I decided to give the AAdvantage card a try since I live near AA's Philadelphia hub, and I was instantly approved for $3k with a 630 FICO!

This is now my 2nd-highest CL - one of the CapOne cards has grown to $4250. It was great to get (back) in with AmEx earlier this year, and I'm thrilled to be welcome at multiple prime lenders now!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select approval!

Congrats on all your big approvalsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a great card!
Message 3 of 8
drboxing
Established Contributor

congrats, I have the citi AAdantage Platinum select, since im a frequent flyer with AA the perks are nice

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solid approval for your scores.  Congrats

Message 5 of 8
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

Thanks, everyone...I'm looking forward to being a Citi customer and using the perks with AA!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi krmurrayjr10 congrats on your Citi AA MC approval & your credit rebuild journey nice job!!! 😊
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.