cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Bank Card denial turned approval experience

tag
qsmoss

Citi Bank Card denial turned approval experience

Hi guys I am new to posting to the forums, but a long time lurker. I wanted to share my experience with Citi Bank credit card.

I applied on July 26th for the Diamond Preferred Card and for the "further processing message" I called they verified my name, number, and address. I was put on hold and then told to wait until there was a letter receives with further information.

Fast forward 1 week later the letter came and they needed my social security card well a copy of it and a phone bill. I sent them both. From what I read in previous forums citi is slow so I waited exactly 1 week and called the backdoor number which was August 7th, the woman told me I was not approved then further explains it's because a cell phone will was not accepted. She gave me an email to send in copies of my utility bills and said it takes 48hrs to process.

Today August 8th at 8pm I received an ALERT email from citi with a approval message!! Super excited. Besides my wells Fargo secures that's being graduated soon I have no other credit cards. I have student loans all in good standings, car loan in good standings, a personal loan in good standings and a EX score of 683, EQ 697, Trans 664 and only 2 inquiries in the last 6months

So definitely call when you get denied by citi I was almost denied because of something so small.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
restdani
New Contributor

Re: Citi Bank Card denial turned approval experience

congrats! enjoy your new pretty card. so glad this was a success story for you :-)
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on sticking with it and getting that approval!

Message 3 of 8
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting that denial overturned! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
trant3
Established Contributor

Congrats my friend. With all these Citi apps being a drag, I'm pretty grateful my Cit approval was instant. 

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, sometimes dealing with Citi feels like trying to pass an inspectionSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 8
peghede
Valued Contributor

im not gonna go read the whole...congrats to what ever was.

Message 7 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your successful recon

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.