cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Best Buy approval and 2 synchrony cli's!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Best Buy approval and 2 synchrony cli's!

DW and I were shopping at Best Buy last weekend and were wanting to check out the UE Boom 2 portable speakers...  Great deal got it for $149 on sale.  Sweet.  Fast forward to check out and the associate asked if I wanted to apply for a Best Buy CC.  I was like "Sure!"  The associate asked which card I'd like to receive, Best Buy store card or the Citi Best Buy Visa.  I figured if I was asked the choice of the two it was an approval either way.  I don't have any Citi cards so obvi I picked that one.  She asked what limit I'd like and she winked and said $3k, I was like go for it.  Instant approval.  Probably left money on the table but idk.  After it was all set and processing the sale, she said most of all the approvals from the start are $3k but she couldn't tell me that in the application process...9 days later I already get a statement and a bill in the mail for the first payment.   They are on top of their billing lol   WOOO!

Fast forward to today sitting at my desk this morning going over my CC accounts and figured "let's poke the Synchrony bear."  Amazon $1k CLI to $2k, and a smaller Walmart $1k cli to $1.3k.  

Not a bad 9 or 10 days lol

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DeeCorey
New Contributor

Re: Citi Best Buy approval and 2 synchrony cli's!

Congrats on the BB approval and the CLIs!

I wanted a BB Visa, but I didn't get an instant approval in the store, and later I found out I was declined due to "too many inquiries". If I had known they were that inquiry-sensitive I would have applied earlier in my app spree. Funny thing is I was approved for the Dillard's AMEX AND the AMEX ED even though I applied for those AFTER I applied for the BB card. Go figure. Oh well, maybe I'll try again in a couple of years.

Congrats again! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice going TrekkieSmiley Happy. Mine started at 2k. Still cant believe they offer one the choice between the Visa and store card. To me a nobrainer but i have seen people choose the store card, go figureSmiley Wink

Ive never heard of someone asking what id like my limit to be, i would have 20k please lol. Ive been poking the bear recently via luv button so i got a boat load of letters coming haha. I have zero luck with the button. Great job on your other increases. Every bit helpsSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AJC. I got a couple letters coming my way too. Poked the ol BofA bear as well. No luck yet.
Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just rembembrr whenever you ask for a cli with BB, try asking a bit more higher than normal just in case they actually approve more. For instance you might ask 2k on your next attempt but maybe ask 5 to see if they counter. This way you dont have to worry about leaving credit on the table. I finally got mine to 10k which is plenty for meSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I def will remember that. As always thanks for the guidance AJC!
Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Your welcome, the journey is always best when you"re not aloneSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats! 🎉
Message 8 of 9
creditlady43
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!

Navy Fed Sig. Visa ($27,500)|BlueGreen Encore Rewards ($10,000)|CapitalOne ($6,950)|Discover ($1,000)
Starting Equifax Score: 520 (5/2014) - Current Score: 726
Starting Transunion Score: 613 (5/2014) - Current Score: 733
Starting Experian: 595 - Current Score: 742
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.