Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI

tag
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Citi CLI

Requested 3.5k CLI on Forward card and recieved counter offer of 1.2k. Did not want HP so I kindly accepted and told the CSR thanks. Highest limit is 5k so I didn't think they would give me more than that.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Citi CLI

@migliogiorni wrote:

Requested 3.5k CLI on Forward card and recieved counter offer of 1.2k. Did not want HP so I kindly accepted and told the CSR thanks. Highest limit is 5k so I didn't think they would give me more than that.

Congrats WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 3 of 32
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Thanks, Citi has been awesome for me Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 32
epicureanism
Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

Did you call to request? I was expecting an auto cli from citi on my Forward, but the chances seem remote now... 

Current Cards: BOA Better Rewards (2.5k), Citi Forward (2k), AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (6k), AMEX SPG (7.5k), DISCOVER (1k), Chase Freedom (7k).

Credit Karma: 752, Credit Sesame: 736.
Message 6 of 32
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Migliogiorni,

Could you please explain a little more about what the CSR asked and how the process worked over the phone?

A few of us are very curious about Citi CLIs right now.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 7 of 32
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
Migliogiorni,

Could you please explain a little more about what the CSR asked and how the process worked over the phone?

A few of us are very curious about Citi CLIs right now.

When I did mine over the phone I just told the CSR I was interested in getting a credit limit increase but that I didn't want a hard pull on my credit. She told me that she would see if I was eligible and that she would stop the process before it resulted in a hard pull. She asked me the same questions that are on the online form and then told me I was eligible for a 1k CLI (I had asked for 800) so I took the 1k and thanked her. No hard pull.

Message 8 of 32
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Jolleh! Great info to know!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 9 of 32
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

BBasically what previous poster said. I made sure to inform the CSR i di want an HP. But as we all know CSR's are not always helpful with this type of information. Citi has been weird to me. My first CLI attempt ened up in a straight HP! Did it online though. Second time, I called in and was able to get an SP CLI. YMMV

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.