Citi CLI

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI

@longtimelurker wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

@Lilalota wrote:

Just did the CLI request through the online tab. Was denied, I forgot what they said exactly, but was told I'd get an email stating the reason for the denial (probably because I didn't wait long enough to be eligible).. Anyways, tried chatting with the online representative to see if something could be done about it. They said they could not do it online because they did not see the online CLI option, probably because I already did it online. Was given a number to call, thinking that it was the recon line. Turns out it was just the customer service line... Called CS and told the lady I wanted an increase on my cl and that my payment history has been really good and asked for a SP, lady said she did not know if it would be a SP or a HP but tried to give me the number to the CB, at this point, I knew she was def not one to do anything about this, so I just thanked her and hung up. I wll just assume that they did a HP and will wait a few more months to call in and ask for a CLI with SP.

If you didn't wait long enought then they wouldn't even pull your cr.  It happened to me recently I accidentally applied for a cli on one of my citi cards it was approved.  Then realized it was on the wrong card so I reapplied on the other card instant denial.  One week later I called the retention dept. asked why I was declined and they didn't even have a record of me applying.  Applied for a cli on other card it would be a hard pull though.  I didn't think I would get approved because I heard they only allow on cli per 30 day across all cards. 

Not always true apparently, if you take "long enough" as their stated policy.   See my post above..

I didn't read your post.  That is ridiculous considering you weren't going to get approved regardless of how good your cr looked. 

Message 31 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Citi CLI

In my case the rejection wasn't because of age of the account, just "too much available credit for income".   So, *maybe* if that wasn't the case I would have got the CLI earlier than six months.

There have been posts about this sort of thing from various issuers, doing hard pulls and then saying your card isn't eligble yet.   Although it seems stupid/harsh etc, they are within their rights (because you asked for more credit) and can always claim that for the right credit record, they would have granted it....

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.